General Manager, Licensed Cosmetologist
General Manager, Hair Color Bar
Madison Reed’s Hair Color Bar General Managers are entrepreneurial leaders who deliver exceptional client experiences, while inspiring the team of Shift Leads, Colorists and Associate Colorists by seeking out and using ideas and insights from diverse sources and individuals to best meet the clients’ needs. The Madison Reed Hair Color Bar General Manager will establish the roadmap of success for their respective Hair Color Bar within Madison Reed operational best practices and guidelines.
What you’ll do:
- Manages, guides, and coaches the Hair Color Bar team on a daily basis
- Consistently achieves monthly sales goals and other leading Key Performance Indicators, including but not limited to; Retail Sales, Service Sales, AOV, Unlimited Roots Membership, Subscriptions and Labor
- Manages employee schedules based on forecasts and business needs
- Manages labor and hours budgets based on forecasts and business trends
- Engages with clients to deliver a distinct and delightful client experience, mapped to their diverse needs, resulting in future client engagement with the Hair Color Bar
- Actively works in all positions including Colorist and Associate Colorist, providing services
- Interviews candidates, onboards new team members, and performs milestone team member reviews while implementing a successful plan for retention, development and growth
- Coaches and develops team members to ensure the highest level of team culture, client satisfaction, and Hair Color Bar performance through aligning individuals’ unique talents and abilities with the most relevant responsibilities
- Resolves and follows up on all client service issues in a timely manner for all Hair Color Bar services, including client survey comments (NPS) and client satisfaction survey (CSAT)
- Guarantees the organization and standards of each Hair Color Bar including retail and sales displays are within company guidelines
- Confirms all company assets are accounted for and maintained, including but not limited to; Madison Reed inventory, iPads, security cameras and phones
- Utilizes all Madison Reed systems to efficiently manage the business and drives retail and service sales including service capacity, digital waitlist and buy online pick up in store (BOPIS)
- Work a minimum of 40 hours per week while working evenings, weekends and holidays as needed
Who you are:
- Active cosmetology license - Must be licensed in the state in which you are applying
- 2 years of salon & retail experience
- 2+ years of operational management experience, with 2+ years of experience working in a service-oriented business
- Strong level of technical proficiency and proven track record of key operational performance metrics
By applying for this job, I agree to receive text (SMS) messages, including via autodialer, related to my application and, if I am hired, to my employment and Madison Reed business. Message and data rates may apply. Text "STOP" at any time to cancel.
While performing the duties of this position, team members will regularly stand/walk for 4 consecutive hours or more at a time; regularly bend and twist at the waist, manipulate fingers and hands, bend wrists and arms, reach with hands and arms, speak, see, hear, and lift/move up to 3 pounds. May on occasion sit, kneel, stoop, crouch, and lift/push/pull up to 20 pounds.
Big on Benefits
The Perks? Glad you asked...
- Comprehensive Medical, Dental, and Vision Benefits
- Generous Paid Time Off program
- Company Paid Short and Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
- 100% Company Paid Mental Health Benefits through Talkspace
- HSA Employer Contributions and FSA Options
- Parental Leave
- 401k Participation
- Learning and Education Programs
- Madison Reed Gratis + Discounts on Hair Color Bar Services and Products
- Company Sponsored Events + Surprise and Delights
- But wait, there’s more…
We are Madison Reed.
We’re disrupting a $50 billion industry.
Since 2013, we’ve offered our clients the option to truly own their beauty with a revolutionary choice—your place or ours? Home or Hair Color Bar? Our professional hair color is truly omnichannel, with the option to order or subscribe through our website, pick up in-store at our Hair Color Bars, or make an appointment at one of our Hair Color Bar locations. At our Hair Color Bars, clients can choose from a variety of color services from licensed cosmetologists—permanent hair color, roots only, hair gloss, highlights, blowout services and more. With our men’s line launched in 2020, we’re shaking up the $50 billion hair care industry with products that continue to raise the bar for doing hair at home.
We live our values.
Here at our San Francisco headquarters and in every Hair Color Bar, we truly live our values—Love, Joy, Courage, Responsibility, and Trust. Our values inform everything we do, from how we treat our clients to how we treat every member of our fast-growing team. Our founder & CEO, Amy Errett, has fostered a one-of-a-kind culture based on transparency, accountability, and fun; where diversity and inclusion are of utmost importance and every team member feels supported to succeed.
We are hair color that breaks the rules.
Our commitment to the ultimate client experience, paired with our dedication to product innovation and the latest beauty technology, has attracted a devoted, consistently-growing base of fans, converts, and color evangelists. We love what we do—and it shows.
Join us in our mission to live life colorfully and make personal care more personal.
ALERT: We are aware of a scam whereby imposters are posing as employees from Madison Reed. Beware of anyone requesting financial or personal information.
At Madison Reed, we take pride in creating a best-in-class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card, driver’s license, or bank information, etc.) from you via text or email. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning Madison Reed, let us know by contacting us at [email protected]
Information for Recruiters: Madison Reed only accepts resumes directly from candidates. Madison Reed does not accept unsolicited resumes from staffing vendors, including recruitment agencies and/or search firms, and does not pay fees to any such vendors for any unsolicited resumes.
Madison Reed is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, ancestry, national origin, religion or religious creed, mental or physical disability, medical condition, genetic information, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions), sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, age, marital status, military or veteran status, citizenship, or other characteristics protected by state or federal law or local ordinance. Madison Reed has a zero tolerance for discrimination, racism, xenophobia or misogyny in any form in our workplace. We strive to create a workplace where everyone feels empowered to bring their full, authentic selves to work every day.
Pursuant to the San Francisco, Los Angeles, and New York City Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.