Senior iOS Engineer
Zero Longevity Science
Posted on Thursday, July 13, 2023
Zero Longevity Science is on a mission to help all people live longer, healthier lives. We’ve helped Zero members lose millions of pounds, reverse disease, and unlock youthful energy to change their lives for the better. Our purpose-driven, fully distributed team helps our members increase metabolic wellbeing through the holistic connections between nutrition, exercise, sleep, and stress. Check out our job site to learn more about who we are and what we’re up to.
We are seeking an iOS Engineer to join our team. In this role, you will be building and architecting new features, updating existing features, and taking ownership of major portions of our products. You will be collaborating closely with product and design teams to turn ideas and requirements into software. Reporting to the Manager of Mobile Engineering, you will participate in code reviews, provide constructive feedback to teammates, and identify gaps in our processes.
You’re a fit for this role if you are passionate about making a positive impact on users' health and habits, solving complex problems, and working with a collaborative team of open-minded and motivated individuals.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Designing and building new features for the Zero iOS app
- Grooming and accurately estimating upcoming feature work
- Maintaining existing code by investigating bugs, and identifying and fixing inefficient code
- Shipping high-quality code on time
- Collaborating with QA, design, engineering, and product teams to ensure smooth sprints, highlighting blockers as they present themselves
- Located in the US or Canada
- At least 3-5 years of iOS development experience (XCode, Swift, SwiftUI, UIKit) and expertise with troubleshooting and debugging
- Experience working with a backend API, collaborating with a backend team (REST)
- Experience with version control
- Understands separation of concerns, can follow architecture patterns like MVC & MVVM
- Can write reusable & testable code
- Can implement designs with a high level of accuracy and attention to detail
- Strong collaboration, prioritization and time management skills
- Familiarity with Feature Flags and A/B Testing
- Experience building Apple Watch apps and Widgets
- Experience working with App Store Connect for beta testing and app submission
- Proficient understanding of app subscriptions (StoreKit, RevenueCat)
- Experience using Firebase
We set a national pay band, so that no matter where in the country you live, the pay is the same. The starting pay band for a Sr. iOS Engineer role is $135,000 to $175,000 in your local currency.
Job level and salary will be determined through interviews and a review of education, experience, knowledge, skills, abilities and seniority of the applicant, equity with other team members, and alignment with market data. Your total compensation will also include equity and benefits.
Millions of Americans are metabolically unwell. We created Zero to help. Zero makes it simple for anyone to form healthy habits that build metabolic wellness. We’re helping millions of people commit to life-saving, longevity-boosting practices, all in service to our ultimate goal: extending the lifespan and healthspan of the human race. And we’ve only just begun
.We’re fully remote and 100% dedicated to making a difference. Our team works around the world with views of the Golden Gate Bridge, the CN Tower, the Meradalir volcano and the backyard chicken coop. Working from 5 countries and across 10 time zones, we’re committed to making virtual collaboration an excellent experience.
Just a few of our MVP benefits:
* 99% company-paid health insurance premiums for employees
* 12 weeks paid parental leave
* 8+ weeks off a year including step-away days and paid holidays
We’re committed to building a diverse, equitable and inclusive company because we know that diverse teams build better products and generate better ideas. We strongly encourage applications from everyone regardless of race, ethnicity, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability status.
If we believe you are a potential fit for a role here, we will reach out to schedule a screening call. We endeavor to create an environment where you can interview at your best. Our interview process is fully remote, conducted via Zoom calls. If we can provide any assistance or accommodations during your time with us, please let us know.