Loading available openings...
There are no current openings for this department.
Yousician impacts and enriches the lives of millions of people by empowering them to play music they love, learn something new, and nourish their well-being with something meaningful. We merge music and tech to amplify the everyday. We reimagine the way people learn to play so that everyone can play.
And, you don't need to be a musician to join Yousician!
We’re a band of passionate professionals who love what they do, are great at it, and move to the beat of the same drum. We’re for all players — from newbies to seasoned pros. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity that helps shape the future of music-tech, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
Developing the largest and fastest-growing music education app in the world is a real challenge, but very rewarding. Join us for a journey of re-imagining the way music education works.
As a Data Scientist, your contributions will help us to shape the future of the Yousician and directly influence the development of our products. You'll have the chance to see the tangible results of your analyses and models, contributing to the company's overall success.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
- Collaborate closely with cross-functional teams to identify and understand requirements, objectives, and deliverables for complex data science projects
- Develop and implement innovative and scalable data science strategies and solutions
- Design, build and deploy predictive models and algorithms that drive actionable recommendations for your stakeholders
- Conduct experiments, develop hypotheses and solve business problems using advanced statistics techniques
- Support to improve our data pipelines and data management
WHO YOU ARE
- You have exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, with ability to convey complex concepts to diverse audiences, both technical and non-technical
- You have strong problem-solving skills with the ability to approach challenges from multiple angles and provide innovative solutions
- You have experience with statistical modeling, machine learning, deep learning, optimization and other data science techniques to implement end to end data science projects
- You have a solid understanding of data engineering and database concepts
- You have expertise in A/B testing and experimentation
- You have passion for following merging trends, technologies, and best practices in data science
- You have experience and expertise on Python, MongoDB, Snowflake and DBT
- You have Master's or Ph.D. degree in Computer Science, Statistics, Mathematics, or related field
- Previous experience in mobile app or gaming industry and paid marketing
- Interested in AI
- Proficient in LookML and Looker
WHAT WE OFFER
- You’ll have an opportunity to join our international team, backed by the top VC’s and competing with the best education applications in the world
- You'll have a meaningful and profound impact on the lives of millions of musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- You’ll get to work with a passionate and friendly growing band of PMs, designers, developers and data scientists.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package - salary, perks- and work in an awesome office in the heart of Helsinki.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! #rockon
Yousician is the world’s largest music-tech company, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician is home to the category-defining Yousician and GuitarTuna apps. Yousician, the #1 platform to learn and play music, makes learning fun, easy, and more accessible for everyone. Yousician’s innovative, award-winning technology listens to you play and gives instant feedback. With interactive, gamified lessons and songs, and courses by world-famous artists like Metallica and Jason Mraz, Yousician empowers people to play music they love. GuitarTuna, the #1 tune-and-play app (iOS, Android, WP), has won numerous international business awards, including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. Today Yousician employs 140+ professionals from nearly 30 nationalities. We're hiring, so come join our amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!
Here at Yousician, we take your privacy seriously. We only process your personal data for recruiting purposes. You can read more about candidate privacy in our Privacy Notice.