Senior Product DesignerDesign
Loading available openings...
There are no current openings for this department.
Yousician aims to impact and enrich the lives of millions of people by empowering them to learn something new, promoting their wellbeing and using their time for something meaningful. Our job is to reimagine music education, so everyone can play.
However, you don't need to be a musician to join Yousician.
We’ve built an amazing team of creative, passionate, and independent people, all working together to help millions of people learn, play, and have fun. If you are looking for a rewarding career opportunity in a growing and changing scale up business, you’re in the right place!
WHY YOU SHOULD APPLY
As a Senior Product Designer, you’ll have a unique opportunity to impact the lives of millions of future musicians worldwide and re-imagine the way we learn and play music.
You are a key player in the design process of our product Guitar Tuna (140M downloads worldwide), and play a key role in creating beautiful, enjoyable and engaging experiences for over 20 million monthly users. We are always looking for new, delightful ways to strengthen our product experience, making learning and playing music more enjoyable and engaging for our growing user base.
We are building a product that is not only functional but also fun and engaging, and as a Senior Product Designer, you'll have a chance to bring the vision to life the way you see fit.
WHAT YOU'LL DO
As a Senior Product Designer, you get full ownership of your own work, and get to shape the role towards a direction that's meaningful and inspiring for you. We trust you with autonomy and freedom, and you get to drive things forward according to your vision and expertise. Your responsibilities include:
- Driving the full design process of our product, Guitar Tuna, from early ideation to market-ready UI.
- Working closely with the product team that consists of developers, product lead and product manager. You’ll also have a community of designers around you to support you whenever needed!
- Together with your team, you’ll drive forward the product strategy and craft experiences driven by identified user needs and new ideas worth pursuing.
- Understanding user needs and design requirements from existing research. You’re someone who can generate concepts from these insights, and communicate the benefits and value of them.
WHO YOU ARE
- A hands-on designer with 5+ years of experience with released digital products, including mobile apps and especially digital consumer products.
- You might have a background in service design, UX or interaction design - we can shape the role based on your skills and ambitions. We’re looking for someone who’s ready to not only tackle design problems on a conceptual level but also drill into the details!
- You enjoy working in a multidisciplinary team and bringing new ideas into life in a team setup. You’ll work closely with developers, product managers and other professionals around the company, and you know how to communicate your design choices with different stakeholders.
- You are at home with iterative, user-centered design methodologies, and familiar with usability and accessibility concerns in product design.
- You are located or willing to relocate to the Helsinki Metropolitan area (we'll support you with the relocation process!)
WHAT WE OFFER
- An opportunity to truly shine as a designer, and create your kind of role based on your ambitions and skills. We trust your vision and expertise from day one.
- You’ll have an opportunity to join a genre-defining company in Helsinki, backed by the top VC’s and competing with the best education applications in the world
- A chance to work with an interesting product that reaches 20 million active users per month. You’ll enable a fun, enjoyable learning experience for musicians and future musicians all around the world.
- A truly international working environment. You’ll get to work with a passionate and friendly growing band of PMs, designers, developers and data scientists.
- You'll get a competitive compensation package - salary, crazy perks - and work in an awesome office in the heart of Helsinki.
HOW TO APPLY
Send us your application and CV (in English). Let's make the world a more musical place together! #rockon
Yousician is the world’s largest music-tech company, with millions of users worldwide. Based in Helsinki, Finland, Yousician is home to the category-defining Yousician and GuitarTuna apps. Yousician, the #1 platform to learn and play music, makes learning fun, easy, and more accessible for everyone. Yousician’s innovative, award-winning technology listens to you play and gives instant feedback. With interactive, gamified lessons and songs, and courses by world-famous artists like Metallica and Jason Mraz, Yousician empowers people to play music they love. GuitarTuna, the #1 tune-and-play app (iOS, Android, WP), has won numerous international business awards, including WIRED’s hottest Finnish start-up, SXSW, Midem, Launch.edu, and educational awards such as Sunday Times 'World's best apps' and Best European Learning Game. Today Yousician employs 140+ professionals from nearly 30 nationalities. We're hiring, so come join our amazing team and help us make the world a more musical place!
Here at Yousician, we take your privacy seriously. We only process your personal data for recruiting purposes. You can read more about candidate privacy in our Privacy Notice.