Veza is the identity security company, helping organizations secure access across the enterprise, including cloud infrastructure, data systems, SaaS apps, and on-prem apps. Powered by the Authorization Graph, Veza’s platform delivers visibility and control of permissions so that organizations finally achieve least privilege. Global enterprises like Wynn Resorts, Expedia and CrowdStrike trust Veza for privileged access monitoring, cloud access management, data lake governance, SaaS access security, automated access reviews and access , and identity provisioning. Founded in 2020, Veza is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, and is funded by Accel, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, GV, Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. Visit us at veza.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a seasoned in-house attorney to work with management and finance to manage our corporate governance program, employment practices, and other projects core to our business as we scale Veza. In this role, you will own all legal aspects of Veza’s corporate initiatives and employment and compensation matters. You'll work cross-functionally to create alignment and deliver results alongside builders who have helped to shape the success of companies such as Google, Okta, AWS, Snowflake, and more. This is a key role within the organization, serving as a trusted business partner to our Founder/CEO, and is an opportunity to put your mark on a category-defining product at a high-growth company.
- Work closely with the CEO, the management team, and outside counsel to support corporate and board needs including preparation of agendas and board materials such as minutes, resolutions, and actions.
- Review, draft, and negotiate a range of company forms including confidentiality agreements, offer letters, consulting contracts and more.
- Establish and implement compensation policies and procedures to standardize and streamline the offer letter, option grant, and Carta management processes.
- Advise on and manage international growth initiatives, including employment matters and subsidiary governance and compliance.
- Review current practices to identify areas of risk and advise on recommended courses of action and creative solutions.
- Evaluate risk factors impacting business decisions and anticipate unique legal issues that could impact the company.
- Respond promptly and effectively to any special or ad-hoc legal requests from sales, operations, marketing, senior management, or other internal clients.
- Own relationship with outside counsel.
- A Juris Doctor from an ABA-accredited law school and actively licensed to practice law in the US
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience with corporate governance matters, employment practices, and/or high-growth technology companies either at a law firm or in-house, preferably a combination of both
- Preferred 5+ years of legal experience, with an emphasis on navigating at a fast-growing start-up or equivalent experience serving relevant clients in private practice
- Experienced with drafting and negotiating a variety of agreements and documents, including confidentiality agreements, offer letters, consulting agreements, board materials, etc.
- Experienced managing and streamlining work processes and budgets with outside counsel
- Able to provide solution-focused advice and clearly communicate risks, proposed solutions, and the underlying rationale for decisions to internal customers
- Focused on delivering results and a demonstrated ability to execute in a fast-paced environment
- Substantial in-house experience who know how to work in a startup environment to drive projects/processes.
- Detail-oriented, well-organized, technically adept
We’re driven to build a strong company culture and are looking for individuals with solid alignment with our following guiding principles:
- Stay Customer Obsessed
- Iterate, Adapt, and Innovate
- Demonstrate a will to win
- Lead with Humility
- Act with Integrity
- Founder’s Mentality
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- Flexible medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Home Set up and Monthly Connectivity Stipend
At Veza, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $150,000 and $190,000 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for equity and a competitive benefits package.
Veza is the data security platform built on the power of authorization. Our platform is purpose-built for multi-cloud environments to help you use and share your data more safely. Veza makes it easy to dynamically visualize, understand and control who can and should take what action on what data. We organize authorization metadata across identity providers, data systems, cloud service providers, and applications — all to address the toughest data security challenges of the multi-cloud era. Founded in 2020, the company is remote-first and funded by top-tier venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, Google Ventures (GV), Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. To learn more, please visit us at veza.com.