Sr. Product Designer (Contract-to-hire)
Sr. Product Designer
Remote/WFH - SF/Bay Area Preferred
Veza is the identity security company. Identity and security teams use Veza to secure identity access across SaaS apps, on-prem apps, data systems, and cloud infrastructure. Veza solves the blind spots of traditional identity tools with its unique ability to ingest and organize permissions metadata in the Veza Authorization Graph. Global enterprises like Blackstone, Wynn Resorts, and Expedia trust Veza to visualize access permissions, monitor permissions activity, automate access reviews, and remediate privilege violations. Founded in 2020, Veza is headquartered in Los Gatos, California, and is funded by Accel, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, GV, Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. Visit us at veza.com and follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and YouTube.
About the Opportunity
We’re looking for a Sr. Product Designer. You'll work alongside builders and other product designers who have helped to shape the success of companies such as Google, Okta, Rubrik, AWS and more. We believe design to be a critical part of the product and overall user experience and are looking for designers that share that vision.
We are building the next generation of enterprise security rooted in data - will you join us?
- Help shape the vision for the product design of our SaaS products
- Establish and own the design process from discovery, ideation, wireframing, and visual design, all the way to production with front-end engineering teams
- Work cross-functionally with product, engineering, and customer success and support teams to identify and prioritize key product design needs and requirements
- Hands-on development of Figma designs for products, features, enhancements, customer requests, etc.
- Maintain the Figma design system ensuring the consistency of visual designs and UI/UX components, owning consistency across all parts of the product.
- Own the overall user experience of our SaaS product, including but not limited to how the user flows through the product (both forward and backward) to accomplish certain tasks, integrating with common best practices in the industry, and making sure the UX experience is similar to other great enterprise SaaS products.
- Share design learnings and decisions with the broader team and author Quarterly blogs to help evangelize the importance of design in Veza products
- Comfort with unknowns, ownership over projects, and ability to adapt to dynamic project environments
- 8+ years of relevant professional experience designing sophisticated yet friendly digital experiences
- Professional experience with Figma (having built and maintained a design system in the past)
- Experience collaborating closely with product managers and engineers
- Professional SaaS startup experience
Nice to Have
- Bachelor’s degree in Design, Human Computer Interaction or related field
- Experience in identity, security, and data companies
We’re driven to build a strong company culture and are looking for individuals with solid alignment with the following:
- Stay Customer Obsessed
- Iterate, Adapt, and Innovate
- Demonstrate a will to win
- Lead with Humility
- Act with Integrity
- Founder’s Mentality
What we Offer
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- Flexible medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Home Set up and Monthly Connectivity Stipend
At Veza, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range can be discussed with your recruiter for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for equity and a competitive benefits package.
Veza is proud to be an equal opportunity and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunities regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity, veteran status, or other applicable legally protected characteristics. We also consider qualified applicants regardless of criminal histories, consistent with applicable federal, state, and local laws. If a candidate with a disability requires an accommodation during the recruitment process, please email [email protected]
Veza is the data security platform built on the power of authorization. Our platform is purpose-built for multi-cloud environments to help you use and share your data more safely. Veza makes it easy to dynamically visualize, understand and control who can and should take what action on what data. We organize authorization metadata across identity providers, data systems, cloud service providers, and applications — all to address the toughest data security challenges of the multi-cloud era. Founded in 2020, the company is remote-first and funded by top-tier venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, Google Ventures (GV), Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. To learn more, please visit us at veza.com.