Distributed Systems Engineer (Slovenia)
Distributed Systems Engineer
Remote/WFH - Anywhere in Slovenia
Veza is the authorization platform for data security. Identity and security professionals use Veza to modernize access governance in the new IT landscape. By automating the work of finding and fixing excessive permissions on a continuous basis, Veza helps organizations achieve Least Privilege. Veza’s unique approach ingests metadata from any SaaS app or data system, organizes it as an authorization graph, and makes it searchable in real-time. Global enterprises like Blackstone, Wynn Resorts, Choice Hotels, and many more trust Veza to protect sensitive data and automate access reviews. Founded in 2020, Veza is a fully remote company, and is funded by Accel Partners, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, GV, Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. To learn more, visit veza.com.
About the Opportunity
We’re hiring a Software Engineer to support the next phase of our growth! You'll collaborate with colleagues who have helped to shape the success of companies such as Google, Okta, Rubrik, AWS, VMware, and more. This is a high-impact role within the Engineering team to help us build out our core product -- a SaaS-based data security platform. Driving end-to-end efficiency and speed is key to the success of our customers and our products.
- Solve challenging data modeling and scale challenges by building a first-of-its-kind, data infrastructure platform
- Help build our data model and representation of the complex permissioning and authorization graph of a modern-day enterprise and enable the ability to search for powerful insights within that data
- Help build our next generation products that will disrupt the way enterprises review, remediate and grant access across their complex cloud and on-prem infrastructure.
- Roll out new features that will be used daily by our customers
- Collaborate across our product, design and operations teams
- Bringing 3+ years developing experience (hiring mid-level to staff level!) with Golang/Go, Java or similar core programming languages (C, C++)
- Experienced building applications with modern micro-service-based architectures in a continuous delivery environment
- Experienced with modern data stores (Cockroach, Neo4j, Elastic, Snowflake, Redshift, or RDS [MySQL, PostgreSQL])
- Exposed to large scale data and modern streaming architecture (e.g., Kafka)
- Capable of handling algorithmic and distributed systems at challenging scale
Nice to Have:
- IdP experience (Okta, Ping, OneLogin, Azure AD)
- Cloud IAM experience (AWS IAM, Azure RBAC)
We’re driven to build a strong company culture and are looking for individuals with strong alignment with the following:
- Stay Customer Obsessed
- Iterate, Adapt, and Innovate
- Demonstrate a will to win
- Lead with Humility
- Act with Integrity
- Founder’s Mentality
What we Offer:
- Competitive salary and equity packages
- 401(k) retirement plan
- Pre-tax health care, dependent care, and commuter benefits (FSA)
- Flexible medical, dental, and vision benefits
- Parental leave
- Flexible Time Off
- Home Set up and Monthly Connectivity Stipend
At Veza, your base pay is one part of your total compensation package. For this position, the reasonably expected pay range is between $100,000 and $250,000 for the level at which this job has been scoped. Your base pay will depend on several factors, including your experience, qualifications, education, location, and skills. In the event that you are considered for a different level, a higher or lower pay range would apply. This position is also eligible for equity and a competitive benefits package.
Veza is the data security platform built on the power of authorization. Our platform is purpose-built for multi-cloud environments to help you use and share your data more safely. Veza makes it easy to dynamically visualize, understand and control who can and should take what action on what data. We organize authorization metadata across identity providers, data systems, cloud service providers, and applications — all to address the toughest data security challenges of the multi-cloud era. Founded in 2020, the company is remote-first and funded by top-tier venture capital firms including Accel Partners, Bain Capital, Ballistic Ventures, Google Ventures (GV), Norwest Venture Partners, and True Ventures. To learn more, please visit us at veza.com.