Senior Research Associate
At InterVenn, we believe no one should be blindsided by disease. Our technology enables and empowers the understanding of Glycoproteomics, a new clinical layer of biology beyond the genome, using a simple blood draw. InterVenn’s powerful solutions will broaden humankinds’ perception and interpretation of diseases like cancer. We look forward to having new members join our team who have diverse perspectives and backgrounds, challenge the status quo, and are solution oriented. If this is you, read-on and apply. Together, maybe we can change the world.
InterVenn Biosciences is seeking talented, experienced and self-driven analytical chemistry experts to join our highly collaborative and supportive team. The desired candidates would have experience in the field of mass spectrometry-based analysis of proteins and peptides. Their work will enable commercial launching of epi-proteomics clinical biomarker assays.
- Lead laboratory operations in sample preparation, mass spectrometric analysis, and data analysis in support of internal and external research projects.
- Develop, optimize, standardize, validate, and scale LC/MS analytical methods for glycoproteomics quantitation.
- Prepare written methods and SOPs.
- Document experimental work, analyze data, document and present results.
- Prepare final reports, invention disclosures, and Standard Operating Procedures (SOP) for internal and external use.
- Review data for technical content and regulatory compliance.
- Ensure analytical equipment is maintained in good working order; troubleshoot and perform minor repairs as needed.
- Maintain a safe and orderly laboratory and ensure compliance with all safety policies and practices.
- Manage multiple projects within timelines according to high scientific and ethical standards.
- Promote a culture of transparency and traceability across all aspects of laboratory operations.
- BS or MS in life sciences, chemistry or related fields with 4 or more years of postgraduate experience is required.
- Demonstrated ability to plan and execute experiments.
- Hands-on experience in LC-MS-based analysis of proteins and peptides.
- Knowledge and application of complex sample preparation methodologies as applied to protein mass spectrometry workflows.
- Experience and knowledge in the operation and maintenance of different types of high resolution mass spectrometers (Orbitrap preferred).
- Applied knowledge with MS software analysis pipelines.
- Experience with cGMP/GLP procedures is preferred.
- Familiarity with regulatory guidelines on bioanalysis (FDA, CLSI, CAP) is a plus.
- Proven record of being a fast learner, flexible, excellent communicator and mindful team member.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Salary range: $110,000-$130,000
- Healthcare, Dental, Vision
- Stock options
- Flexible time off policy
- Phone stipend
- Onsite gym
- Catered lunches
- EV parking
- BART/Caltrain/Ferry Shuttle
Ensuring a diverse and inclusive workplace where we learn from each other is core to InterVenn’s values. We welcome people of different backgrounds, experiences, abilities, and perspectives. We are an equal opportunity employer and a fun place to work. Come do the best work of your life here at InterVenn.