Software Engineering Manager
We're TripleLift, an advertising platform on a mission to elevate digital advertising through beautiful creative, quality publishers, actionable data and smart targeting. Through over 1 trillion monthly ad transactions, we help publishers and platforms monetize their businesses. Our technology is where the world's leading brands find audiences across online video, connected television, display and native ads. Brand and enterprise customers choose us because of our innovative solutions, premium formats, and supportive experts dedicated to maximizing their performance.
As part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio, we are NMSDC certified, qualify for diverse spending goals and are committed to economic inclusion. Find out how TripleLift raises up the programmatic ecosystem at triplelift.com.
As the Manager of the Enterprise Applications team, you will be responsible for managing the engineering team developing business solutions across vertical product line teams by providing robust, scalable, and innovative shared application frameworks, services, and UI applications. You will coach, mentor, train and hire team members according to the resourcing plan provided by company leadership. You will partner with technical leaders and product managers to guide the product development efforts. You will oversee the technical outcomes of the team and steward the team toward effective software engineering practices. This team is responsible for both developing applications as well as supporting them, therefore you will be expected to guide the team through all aspects of software engineering and operational excellence including architecture, implementation, testing and operations. You will partner with other engineering managers in other departments within the company to coordinate work that crosses team boundaries.
- Manage a multidisciplinary team of software engineers, business analysts and technologists owning: people, process and technology;
- Motivate teams to work incrementally toward our strategic direction while focusing on continuous delivery and short-term execution;
- Align product roadmaps with overall technical vision and product-line strategy;
- Work collaboratively with product management to align technical deliverables with operational schedules;
- Lead by example by demonstrating TripleLift’s core values:
- Win as a Team
- Embrace and Drive Change
- Learn and Grow
- Operate with a Founder’s Mentality
- Own Your Piece, Know the Puzzle
Required Skills and Attributes
- Ability to manage & lead an interdisciplinary team of software engineers;
- Experience building and maintaining complex enterprise web applications
- Experience with agile or scaled agile
- Strong and diverse technical background;
- A strong bias toward execution and incremental delivery of business value;
- Ability to work independently and to be self-aligning;
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills;
- Ability to dive-deep and be hands-on when needed;
- Ability to work across time zones to align to business and client priorities.
- 5+ years of experience working with software engineers
- 2-3 years of experience in technical leadership
- Experience in AdTech strongly preferred
- In-depth knowledge in Java and PhP.
- Advanced knowledge of databases and messaging systems (e.g. SQL, Kafka).
- Advanced knowledge of modern architectural patterns e.g. GraphQL, REST, microservices, stream processing.
- Experience with version control systems (e.g. Git) and cloud technologies (e.g. AWS).
- Experience with developing a tech road map
B.S., M.S., or Ph.D in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Life at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we’re a team of great people who like who they work with and want to make everyone around them better. This means being positive, collaborative, and compassionate. We hustle harder than the competition and are continuously innovating.
Learn more about TripleLift and our culture by visiting our LinkedIn Life page.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we believe in the power of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. With our DE&I initiatives, TripleLift is a place that works for you, and where you can feel a sense of belonging and support. At TripleLift, we will consider and champion all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition, veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law. TripleLift is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about our DEI efforts at https://triplelift.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
TripleLift does not accept unsolicited resumes from any type of recruitment search firm. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of TripleLift and no fee shall be due.