We're TripleLift, an advertising platform on a mission to elevate digital advertising through beautiful creative, quality publishers, actionable data and smart targeting. Through over 1 trillion monthly ad transactions, we help publishers and platforms monetize their businesses. Our technology is where the world's leading brands find audiences across online video, connected television, display and native ads. Brand and enterprise customers choose us because of our innovative solutions, premium formats, and supportive experts dedicated to maximizing their performance.
As part of the Vista Equity Partners portfolio, we are NMSDC certified, qualify for diverse spending goals and are committed to economic inclusion. Find out how TripleLift raises up the programmatic ecosystem at triplelift.com.
The VP Finance will serve as the company’s strategic finance leader. Reporting directly to the CFO, this role will oversee the FP&A, BI and Financial Operations teams for the company. This role will partner with Triplelift’s leadership team in the development and strategic execution of several key business and financial initiatives and will provide important analysis and insight to drive profitable growth across all operations. The VP will develop and support various reporting needs (Management reporting, Board reporting, Lender reporting) and own the Company’s operating and business development models.
- Oversee, coordinate and facilitate the completion of day-today financial planning, budgeting and forecasting for the company on a consolidated basis, including owning the Company’s operating model, with a constant focus on optimization and differentiation.
- Bring a comfort with big data: organizing, analyzing, and interpreting large data sets, identifying trends and drawing conclusions from available internal and external data.
- Lead a cross-functional work stream to improve the quality of internal processes, systems, and data to allow for more a more complete understanding of the business at an end-domain level.
- Partner closely with Revenue Operations in the ongoing effort of driving sales productivity and improving forward visibility of topline performance.
- Manage the design and administration of sales incentive programs and payouts.
- Manage reporting to internal and external stakeholders, including monthly / quarterly reporting packages to our ELT, Board and lender group.
- Maintain short-term (13-week) liquidity cash-flow model, help manage liquidity through weekly variance reporting and monthly updates across TL’s global footprint.
- Maintain long-term monthly (3-statement model) liquidity model to manage global liquidity levels and to support investment decisions. Advanced understanding of the linkages between P/L, Balance Sheet, Cashflow is required.
- Liaise with Legal, internal stakeholders and budget owners in managing 3rd party vendor contracts, including TL’s business insurance program. Support contract renewal negotiations.
- Produce real-time and data driven management, Board, and sales operations reporting that effectively communicate business financial and operational performance to the private equity sponsors, the CFO, and the senior leadership team.
- Collaborate effectively with the Accounting team to ensure a seamless, timely and high quality monthly/quarterly Close of books at global level.
- Perform general analysis (financial and operational) in the areas of sales, marketing, purchasing, production, etc.
- Create financial models that provide financials analysis and decision support to leadership, advising on opportunities and risks impacting the business.
- As directed by the CFO, take the lead on various Corporate/Strategic finance initiatives and special projects.
- Perform ad hoc financial analysis around historical trends and forecasts dealing with customers, products, competitors and financial results of divisions, segments or the company as a whole.
- Assist in the preparation of ad hoc executive reports for Board, investor and leadership team meetings.
- Additional duties as assigned and special projects (financial/operational) as requested including transaction regarding mergers, acquisitions, or reorganizations.
Skills And Abilities
- This position requires high energy and a strong work ethic, outstanding communications, and interpersonal skills (particularly presentation skills) and a deep knowledge of business and finance.
- FP&A: Bring meaningful exposure to the FP&A function, including budgeting, forecasting, and decision support capabilities. Experience building or enhancing the capabilities of a growing FP&A organization. This analytical rigor should extend to comfort with analyzing and interpreting big data sets.
- Operational Orientation: Prior experience leading operational workstreams around improving data quality, enhancing systems, dashboards, analytics, and reporting.
- Collaborative, but also self-sufficient, motivated by the opportunity to lead with autonomy and independence.
- Execution-oriented with the ability to “dig in” and get things done while tactfully skilled at “pushing back” to secure the internal or external resources needed to achieve results.
- Shape Strategy: partner with senior executives to evaluate and shape finance and business strategy. Deep understanding of finance strategy in the context of a business partner.
- Inspire & Influence: can energize people, teams, clients, customers. Natural, engaging leader with an outgoing and compelling communication style
- Drive for Results: focused on creating client-centric solutions that increase revenue and margin. Willingness to “roll up sleeves” and engage with team members to ensure outcomes. Focused on continual improvement, consistent revenue growth.
- Disrupt & Challenge: open to new ideas and strategies; unafraid to challenge norms.
- Lead Innovation: Willingness to collaborate across functional boundaries to contribute to broader business needs. Challenge his/her organization to experiment and scale.
- An ability to influence and bring forth new ideas around trends and regulations that may impact the company.
- Strong organizational skills; attention to detail.
- Demonstrates courage of conviction for his/her positions while being intellectually agile, transparent, and flexible.
- A combination of personality traits – collaborative nature, honesty, integrity, intensity, accountable, and passion – necessary to blend with the rest of the executive management team.
- Collaborative: excellent team player with the ability to build and leverage internal alliances.
- Positive, driven, and energetic; able to roll-up his/her sleeves to get the job done.
- BS in Accounting or Finance
- CPA or MBA or equivalent experience
- 8+ years' experience in FP&A
- Must have experience with liquidity models and managing lender reporting
- Must experience and working knowledge of at least one Financial Planning tool and one BI reporting tool
- Must have experience with M&A transactions
- Advertising industry experience a strong plus
- Medical, Dental & Vision Plans
- Unlimited PTO
- 401k w/ employer match
*Full-time employees are eligible for comprehensive benefits (subject to the terms of applicable plans/policies/agreements, which will be made available to you after commencing employment).
Life at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we’re a team of great people who like who they work with and want to make everyone around them better. This means being positive, collaborative, and compassionate. We hustle harder than the competition and are continuously innovating.
Learn more about TripleLift and our culture by visiting our LinkedIn Life page.
Diversity, Equity, Inclusion and Accessibility at TripleLift
At TripleLift, we believe in the power of diversity, equity, inclusion and accessibility. Our culture enables individuals to share their uniqueness and contribute as part of a team. With our DE&I initiatives, TripleLift is a place that works for you, and where you can feel a sense of belonging and support. At TripleLift, we will consider and champion all qualified applicants for employment without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic predisposition, veteran, marital, or any other status protected by law. TripleLift is proud to be an equal opportunity employer.
Learn more about our DEI efforts at https://triplelift.com/diversity-equity-and-inclusion/
TripleLift does not accept unsolicited resumes from any type of recruitment search firm. Any resume submitted in the absence of a signed agreement will become the property of TripleLift and no fee shall be due.