Software Engineer - Backend
Posted on Friday, October 20, 2023
Thistle Technologies empowers developers to easily build security resilience into their products. Embedded devices face the same threats as servers and workstations but often without the modern security mitigations to match. Thistle Technologies makes it easy to incorporate robust resilient security functionality into devices with high-security requirements.
- 6+ years of experience with the full life cycle of backend software development and deployment of critical production services, ideally in Go, Python or Ruby
- Familiarity and hands-on experience with a Cloud platform, ideally AWS or GCP
- Interest in opportunities and challenges in a startup environment, with respect to product building
- Ability to work independently as well as in a team environment, with strong verbal and written communication skills (necessary for a fully distributed team)
- Experience with key management systems and other cryptographic use cases is highly desired and a strong plus
- Experience with hardware device management systems is highly desired and a strong plus
- Own the entire backend infrastructure and services at Thistle
- Architect, design, develop, test, deploy and maintain Thistle’s backend services supporting device management and device security
- Design, build, and maintain CI/CD pipelines and observability systems, leveraging Cloud infrastructures, implementing and maintaining best practices in Cloud security
- Collaborate closely with UX and firmware engineers, as well as product and business
- Tackle open and sometimes ambiguous problems, forging innovative new solutions along the way
Thistle Technologies is a security company built for device makers. At Thistle, we write easy-to-use, easy-to-integrate, and reliable software to bring security to IoT devices. We are hiring a backend engineer to build the software that our customers use to manage and interact with hardware devices that they manufacture.
Who we are
• The Thistle team is a small, highly collaborative team that pulls together cross-functionally to reach our goals.
• We are confident that the most inclusive and diverse teams deliver the best results.
• We know that innovation requires execution, experimentation, novel ideas, and failure, so we're building a blame-less culture where everyone can contribute. And, while we know there are no perfect solutions, we're constantly working towards mastery and excellence.
• We help each other to do our best work by creating a high-trust team with space for autonomy & experimentation that proactively supports each other and shares knowledge openly.
How we work
• The future of work is our starting point, and we're excited to take advantage of this moment to transform the way we work.
• Thistle is a fully distributed team that's optimizing to work in a global environment. We're creating practices that enable us to do our best work from anywhere including great documentation, intentional community building, and agile business practices that respond to the changing world.
• We work 4 days a week to make time for everyone to put the LIFE back in work-life balance.
• We focus on results over hours, autonomy and enablement over controls, and growth and development over perfection to build engaged and empowered teams.
• Competitive salary and equity
• Health, dental, and vision plan options with premium contribution from Thistle
• 401(k) plan
• Unlimited time-off policy
• 4-day work week
• Fully distributed and remote team
We are an equal-opportunity employer that values and welcomes diversity. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, or veteran status.