Senior Software Engineering Manager - Employee Engagement
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for a Senior Software Engineering Manager to support our rapidly growing team in Bellevue, WA.
Are you a passionate technology leader who thrives in the exhilarating culture of startups? Do you love building not only innovative products but also high-performing engineering teams? If so, then we want YOU! As our Sr. Software Engineering Manager, you will be responsible for driving and mentoring a team of 6-8 full-stack engineers with varied experiences and skills. Your responsibilities will include designing, developing, testing, and deploying our corporate social responsibility product suite called Employee Engagement, all while fostering a culture of collaboration, innovation, and excellence. Through our Employee Engagement products, we enable our customers to engage with their employees to drive positive and impactful social change. This product and team is an area of active investment and will continue to grow in the future.
At the core of this position is exemplary technical leadership, engineering mentorship, and cross-team partnership with UX Design, Data Science, Product, PMO, Etc. This role entails large greenfield opportunities to design and build the future of Submittable’s Employee Engagement product.
If this opportunity aligns with your personal and professional aspirations, please join our growth journey and make this world a better place!
This is a full-time position and reports to the Director of Engineering.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Spearhead the development of our core product(s) by defining the technical roadmap, breaking down requirements, and assigning tasks that result in predictable and smooth execution.
- Build and mentor a high-performing engineering team, fostering a culture of innovation, collaboration, growth, inclusion, and continuous learning.
- Partner closely with product & technical program managers, data scientists, and UX designers to translate product vision into technical specifications.
- Champion best practices in software design, development, testing, integration with 3rd party products, deployment, monitoring, and servicing.
- Monitor key performance indicators (KPIs) and regularly evaluate the effectiveness of the engineering team and processes.
- Maintain and improve operational excellence.
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Seasoned technical leadership with 8+ years of experience building production-ready enterprise-grade applications
- 4+ years of management experience
- Passion for solving complex technical challenges while identifying bottlenecks in the process
- You thrive in a fast-paced, dynamic environment and can adapt to changing priorities with agility
- An expertise of both frontend development (preferably React JS) and backend development (preferably .NET Framework). Proficient with Postgres, SQL, CosmosDB, Docker, K8, Kafka, Auth0
- A proven track record of designing, building, and scaling enterprise-grade software products from scratch in a startup environment with operational excellence
- Passion for mentoring and developing engineers
- Clear and concise communication of complex technical concepts
- Cross-functional collaboration experience
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $210,000-250,000. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.