Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable is seeking a customer-obsessed Solutions Architect to join our team in Bellevue, WA, or Missoula, MT. The Solutions Architect is the second-stage technical designer, turning business needs into technical delivery plans that meet or exceed Enterprise client’s desired future state. The Solutions Architect owns the integrity and strength of custom solutions by acting as a trusted partner to our team and to our clients. This position plays a key role within Submittable by 1) working directly with the sales team and clients in a presales solution environment to ensure customer success/adoption of Submittable’s software within the customer’s greater tech stack 2) working directly with internal technical teams to build your design in a post-sales environment, and 3) influence the direction of the company’s product roadmap and business growth by being a voice on behalf of clients.
This is a full-time position that reports to the Solutions Engineering Manager.
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Build solution design, solution architecture, architecture roadmaps, prototypes, proofs-of-concepts, and perform development tasks in support of current and new projects that require integration with enterprise systems and applications
- Be recognized as a functional expert in common integration design patterns
- Guide internal technical teams to deliver a flexible and scalable solution, provide mentorship to Solution Engineers, as well as participate in pre-sales activities and internal initiatives
- Work in a fast-paced, dynamic environment with cross-functional teams internally and at customer sites
- Oversee project design for the duration of the build - own and maintain a library of designs and gain feedback from the engineering team on inflight designs
- Work closely with customers, internal functional managers, business system analysts, and developers in creating robust, scalable, and flexible solution architectures for our customers' business systems
- Work with Solution Engineers to complete technical RFPs for corporate enterprise clients and Government clients
- Sell future state products - real comfort in understanding Submittable's product roadmap and how to get customers excited about the roadmap within the sales cycle
- Participate in roadmap building with the Product Team while giving strong feedback to the team on gaps and what clients are looking for
- Work with partner ecosystem, Microsoft, and clear understanding of partner selling technology
- Apply work experience in architecture, design, implementation, and deployment of cloud products and solutions within medium to large environments
Skills & Experience We Hope You Bring:
- Ability to take into account who is building solutions and designs while collaborating on overall solutions and designs while delivering on aggressive timelines
- Strong technical background and analytical, and problem-solving skills are required
- Possess strong written and verbal communication skills; be able to explain the set of deliverables with both system integration architects and practical functional users in terms that either party can understand
- Ability to travel approximately 20% of the time
- Awareness of web, database, API, and object-oriented software technologies
- The ability to read a room and understand when to press and when to give space
- Promote cooperation, participation, and sharing of ideas and information across organizational boundaries
- Results-oriented and a growth mindset
- Someone who can develop metrics to quantify the benefits of a solution and influence project resources
- Someone who will work with business stakeholders to deeply understand problems and design creative solutions
Salary Details: The annual salary range for this position is $120,000-$150,000 OTE. Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
Position Location: This role will be located in Bellevue, WA, or, Missoula, MT following a hybrid work model. Employees are expected to be willing to work from one of our office locations twice a week or as needed by your team.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- 401(k) with employer match from day 1
- Equity stock options
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.