Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run 134,000 programs and collect nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
Submittable is a growing social impact platform used by thousands of companies, governments, and philanthropic organizations to manage their social impact programs and maximize their impact. We have helped big and small organizations worldwide run more than 134,000 programs and have collected nearly 22 million applications to date. Grow your career at a public benefit corporation and Inc. 5000 fastest-growing company, while having a positive impact on people globally.
We are looking for an RFP Writer to join our growing State Government team. Are you looking for a way to leverage your writing skills and talents to make an impact on the world? As a part of our purpose-driven team, you will harness your passion, experience, and skills to help us expand our State Government business. In this role, you will be responsible for the development, writing, planning, design, and delivery of client-focused requests for proposals (RFP) and information supporting Submittable’s most strategic sales objectives. You will partner closely with our Enterprise Account Executives, State Government Marketing, and Deal Desk teams to proactively identify and develop a winning strategy that effectively communicates and demonstrates the value of Submittable’s products, services, initiatives, and overall brand, mission, vision, and strategic direction.
Meet the hiring manager, Joe, and hear what he has to say about the position!
How You’ll Make an Impact:
- Develop, plan, research, write, edit, manage, and deliver complex requests for proposals and information
- Collaborate with departments across the organization to obtain appropriate content for RFPs
- Produce professional documents to ensure high-quality proposals
- Demonstrate subject-matter knowledge of the SaaS products and professional services to develop clear and concise messaging
- Produce quality responses to RFPs by following proposal-writing standards including readability, consistency, and tone.
- Effectively manage deadlines
- Proofread and ensure compliance with formatting
- Contribute to the RFP team by bringing ideas for improving the RFP response process
- Perform other duties as assigned
- Articulate the value proposition, key themes, market position, and overall strategy within proposals
Skills & Experience We Hope You’ll Bring:
- Bachelor's degree in Communication, English, Journalism, Business Administration, Marketing, or a related field
- 3-5 years of relevant experience, with a proven RFP win rate, government sector experience preferred
- Excellent writing, organizational, communication, and planning skills
- Technical background with narrative-based proposals and grants
- Demonstrated ability managing multiple proposal projects with the ability to manage to tight deadlines
- Strong organizational skills with a high level of attention to detail
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-oriented environment, independently and as part of a team
- Experience with the utilization of proposal portals is a plus
- Ability to embrace feedback, learn, and hold yourself accountable
- The ability to understand technology basics and apply them to business situations
Salary Details: The annual OTE (On Target Earnings) range for this position is $80,000-$95,000 per year with a pay mix of 90/10 (base/bonus). Actual compensation is based on factors such as the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. We also have a location-based compensation structure; there may be a different range for candidates in other locations.
We are interested in every qualified candidate who is eligible to work in the United States, however, we are unable to accommodate scholastic or employment visas at this time.
Submittable is on a mission to empower social good organizations with technology that accelerates their work and scales their impact. We partnered with thousands of organizations, governments, and corporations last year to launch 10,000+ programs, process over 4 million applications, and distribute $2.5 billion in funding and aid.
We are proud to offer highly-competitive benefits for full-time employees, including:
- Health insurance, 401K, life insurance, and optional HSA, FSA, and DCA accounts
- Flexible hours, including flexible vacations and sick leave, and remote work options
- Generous paid parental leave policy for mothers, fathers, and adoptive parents
- Professional development stipends
- Involvement in community outreach programs for all employees, including company volunteer outings at local nonprofits
- Fully-stocked kitchens with complimentary snacks and beverages for all employees when working in either of our offices
- Weekly catered lunches in both offices
- Monthly company sponsored happy hours and gatherings
As a product used globally, we're very motivated to hire and support employees who are representative of different and diverse backgrounds and experiences, including but not limited to diversity of ethnicity, sexual orientation, gender, religion, ability, culture, and socioeconomics.
Something looks off?