Senior Software Engineer
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, November 18, 2023
StrongDM lives by a very simple principle: Put People First.
That means we do the right things by our colleagues, employees and customers. It also means developing products and solutions that improve the lives of our customers. Our commitment to People First is one of the reasons our year-over-year customer retention rate is an industry-leading 98%. Once a customer, forever a fan. That's our goal.
When you work at StrongDM, you work with people who care, technology that works, and customers who are obsessed with both the product and the support they receive.
If you ask any employee of StrongDM, you’ll find that our values truly are our guiding principles in everything we do–from how we make decisions to how we treat each other. That’s because these values represent the foundation for our culture and who we are as a company. It sounds cliche, we know. But trust us—we’re onto something good. G2 can confirm. ✔️
1. We embrace the mission
2. We pursue mastery
3. We are people first
4. We are smarter together
These are the values we seek to cultivate as an organization. They inform not just how we behave as individuals and teams, but also the unspoken traits of the candidates we hire and perspectives we take when helping and supporting customers. Speaking of candidates, we’re so glad you’re here! If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in, read on.
We build......secure, high-throughput networking systems in Go. If you enjoy writing code that is parsimonious, correct, yet featureful - you will enjoy coding with us! If you enjoy shipping a product that is appreciated by a growing population of happy, paying customers every day - you will enjoy shipping with us!
We're a distributed, but close-knit team. We have high standards and high levels of respect for each other and our customers.
What You'll Do:
- Design and implementation of highly concurrent, scalable and high-performance distributed systems in Go.
- Design and implementation of secure networking protocols, routing, real-time permissions and auditing systems, APIs & SDKs.
- 7+ years of developing distributed systems in a cloud environment (Azure, AWS, or GCP) serving enterprise customers.
- Systems background with fundamentals in operating systems, distributed systems, networking and databases.
- Affinity for lower-level/systems programming e.g. threading, concurrency.
- Expert command of Go, Rust, C, C++ or a similar programming language.
- $160,000-$300,000 DOE + equity salary packages
- Company-sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401K, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability coverage, life insurance
- 6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays
- 24 weeks paid parental leave for everyone + 1 month transition time back + childcare stipend for first year
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office