Senior Director of Engineering
Posted on Saturday, October 28, 2023
StrongDM lives by a very simple principle: Put People First.
That means we do the right things by our colleagues, employees and customers. It also means developing products and solutions that improve the lives of our customers. Our commitment to People First is one of the reasons our year-over-year customer retention rate is an industry-leading 98%. Once a customer, forever a fan. That's our goal.
When you work at StrongDM, you work with people who care, technology that works, and customers who are obsessed with both the product and the support they receive.
If you ask any employee of StrongDM, you’ll find that our values truly are our guiding principles in everything we do–from how we make decisions to how we treat each other. That’s because these values represent the foundation for our culture and who we are as a company. It sounds cliche, we know. But trust us—we’re onto something good. G2 can confirm. ✔️
1. We embrace the mission
2. We pursue mastery
3. We are people first
4. We are smarter together
These are the values we seek to cultivate as an organization. They inform not just how we behave as individuals and teams, but also the unspoken traits of the candidates we hire and perspectives we take when helping and supporting customers. Speaking of candidates, we’re so glad you’re here! If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in, read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Lead a team of seasoned engineers in building StrongDM’s enterprise SaaS products.
- Drive technical excellence across the entire engineering organization, with a strong emphasis on design tradeoffs, scalability, correctness, and quality.
- Use your strong foundation as a technical leader to reliably deliver on complex projects while keeping the quality bar high.
- Be a trusted advisor and partner with our Product Management organization to help define and deliver on StrongDM’s roadmap.
- Contribute to engineering-wide initiatives as a member of StrongDM’s engineering management team helping us build high-performance teams.
- Recruit and retain the technical talent required to solve our toughest problems, including hiring, and growing from within, engineering managers and engineers.
- 7 or more years of experience managing multiple software development teams
- 10 or more years of previous hands-on software development experience building large-scale infrastructure SaaS (e.g. storage, networking, databases, security)
- Past experience with compiled languages such as C/C++, Go or Rust.
- You work very well cross-functionally and are able to think rigorously and make hard decisions and tradeoffs.
- $280,000-$300,000 OTE + equity salary packages
- Company sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401K, HSA, FSA, short/long-term disability coverage, life insurance
- 6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays
- 24 weeks paid parental leave for everyone + 1 month transition time back + childcare stipend for first year
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office