Enterprise Business Development Representative
Sales & Business Development
Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, October 14, 2023
StrongDM lives by a very simple principle: Put People First.
That means we do the right things by our colleagues, employees and customers. It also means developing products and solutions that improve the lives of our customers. Our commitment to People First is one of the reasons our year-over-year customer retention rate is an industry-leading 98%. Once a customer, forever a fan. That's our goal.
When you work at StrongDM, you work with people who care, technology that works, and customers who are obsessed with both the product and the support they receive.
If you ask any employee of StrongDM, you’ll find that our values truly are our guiding principles in everything we do–from how we make decisions to how we treat each other. That’s because these values represent the foundation for our culture and who we are as a company. It sounds cliche, we know. But trust us—we’re onto something good. G2 can confirm. ✔️
1. We embrace the mission
2. We pursue mastery
3. We are people first
4. We are smarter together
These are the values we seek to cultivate as an organization. They inform not just how we behave as individuals and teams, but also the unspoken traits of the candidates we hire and perspectives we take when helping and supporting customers. Speaking of candidates, we’re so glad you’re here! If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in, read on.
As Enterprise Business Development Representative you will...
be responsible for generating new business opportunities through outbound prospecting efforts and working closely with the sales team to qualify and schedule demos for interested prospects.
The ideal candidate is a self-starter who is looking to build their career in SaaS sales and has a proven track record of success in outbound sales. This is a fully remote role with daily activity metric targets, so the successful candidate must have the ability to self-motivate, multitask, and work independently.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
- Prospect into a wide range of companies, with a focus on Fortune 1000 companies, to introduce the StrongDM solution
- Identify and reach out to key decision-makers at target accounts via phone, email, and social media
- Use CRM and other tools to track and manage prospecting activity and pipeline
- Work closely with the sales team to qualify and schedule demos for interested prospects
- Collaborate with marketing and sales teams to optimize outbound prospecting campaigns
- Consistently meet or exceed monthly and quarterly quotas for qualified opportunities
- A desire to pursue a career in Sales. This isn’t a stop-gap type of job. We’re looking for people who want to build their careers with us and are excited at the opportunity to do that
- 1-2 years of experience in outbound sales preferred, preferably in the SaaS industry
- Proven track record of success in generating new business opportunities through outbound prospecting efforts
- You’re hungry and understand the startup grind. You are persistent and can maintain consistent levels of high productivity.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team in a fast-paced, dynamic environment. Being a self-starter is a must!
- Ability to learn technology both from a product standpoint and manage technical applications needed for the role
- Proficiency with CRM and other sales tools, including G-Suite (Gmail, Sheets, etc), LinkedIn Navigator, and ZoomInfo
- Affinity for technology a plus
- Live in one of the following states: TX, NV, NJ, AZ, AL, MA, OR, IL, KS, NY, PA, SC, or TN.
- $70,000-$94,000 OTE (base plus commission) + equity
- Company sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability coverage, life insurance
- 6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays
- 24 weeks paid parental leave for everyone + 1 month transition time back + childcare stipend for first year
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office