Remote · United States
Posted on Saturday, April 29, 2023
StrongDM lives by a very simple principle: Put People First.
That means we do the right things by our colleagues, employees and customers. It also means developing products and solutions that improve the lives of our customers. Our commitment to People First is one of the reasons our year-over-year customer retention rate is an industry-leading 98%. Once a customer, forever a fan. That's our goal.
When you work at StrongDM, you work with people who care, technology that works, and customers who are obsessed with both the product and the support they receive.
If you ask any employee of StrongDM, you’ll find that our values truly are our guiding principles in everything we do–from how we make decisions to how we treat each other. That’s because these values represent the foundation for our culture and who we are as a company. It sounds cliche, we know. But trust us—we’re onto something good. G2 can confirm. ✔️
1. We embrace the mission
2. We pursue mastery
3. We are people first
4. We are smarter together
These are the values we seek to cultivate as an organization. They inform not just how we behave as individuals and teams, but also the unspoken traits of the candidates we hire and perspectives we take when helping and supporting customers. Speaking of candidates, we’re so glad you’re here! If this sounds like an environment you’d thrive in, read on.
WHAT YOU’LL DO:
As an infrastructure engineer, you’ll get the opportunity to run the platform underneath the StrongDM platform. We are growing fast, and we’ll need to handle scaling out with the highest level of availability, resiliency, and performance. Our customers depend on us to keep their infrastructure secure and accessible, and our performance becomes their performance.
- Work alongside talented application and infrastructure focused developers to ensure our product is reliable, performant, and easy to manage/update
- Scale our AWS-based platform across multiple regions. Core AWS services:
- EC2 (Auto Scaling groups, load balancers)
- Postgres (Aurora and RDS)
- ECS (ECR, Fargate)
- Design systems to be updated and scaled with no negative impact to customers
- Continually optimize and modernize our infrastructure tooling
- Automate everything! Free up humans (us) to focus on the unusual cases, interesting design challenges, etc.
- Be friendly and open to colleagues; listen to understand, then tailor help to their needs
- Collaborate with teammates on designs and architectures, but exhibit considerable autonomy when implementing solutions
- Document your work and share your knowledge
- AWS or similar cloud platform experience
- Proficiency with Infra-as-Code tools, like Terraform, Packer, etc
- Experience with shell scripting and administering Linux systems
- Experience with containerized applications and deployments
- Python experience is a plus
- $140,000-$170,000 DOE plus equity
- Company sponsored benefits, including:
- Medical, dental, and vision insurance (free to employees and dependents)
- 401k, HSA, FSA, short / long-term disability coverage, life insurance6 weeks of combined accrued vacation + sick time
- Volunteer days + standard holidays
- 24 weeks paid parental leave for everyone + 1 month transition time back + childcare stipend for first year
- Generous monthly and annual stipend for internet + home office
- No travel required
See more open positions at strongDM
Something looks off?