Senior DevOps Engineer
DISCLAIMER: There may be incorrect openings posted on third party websites. Be advised that all of our current openings are posted on our Careers page - check that out to stay in the know!
Stocktwits is a leading social network and community of individual investors and traders. Our mission is to provide the platform to host the global conversation for investors and traders of all types of assets, styles and experience levels to connect, learn, profit and have fun.
From our beginnings as inventors of the cashtag (e.g. $TSLA), Stocktwits has grown to millions of members and become the defining voice of “social finance.” Stocktwits is the only place to get a pulse on the markets and ideas you care about.
Our community continues to grow rapidly and we are looking for passionate team members to join us as we reimagine the future of financial media, investing & trading services and the tools for the next generation.
In this role, you will work directly with our Engineering and Product teams to deliver products used by millions of passionate users. You will be responsible for the design, implementation, and maintenance of our software infrastructure, ensuring that our applications are highly available, scalable, and reliable.
- Develop and maintain infrastructure in AWS.
- Build, maintain, and optimize Kubernetes clusters.
- Implement and maintain security policies for infrastructure.
- Build and maintain CI/CD pipelines.
- Routinely monitor the environment, report on performance, and ensure uptime and reliability which may include working on failures or outages as needed.
- Improve the quality of our products by identifying and recommending improvements to Stocktwits’ Software Development Life Cycle (SDLC).
- Collaborate with engineers to optimize and improve application performance and reliability.
- Mentor and provide technical guidance to junior DevOps team members, promoting knowledge sharing and continuous learning.
- Participate in on-call rotation.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- 3+ years of professional DevOps Engineering experience.
- Experience building and maintaining environments in AWS, specifically with EKS, RDS, and Lambda.
- Infrastructure automation experience using Pulumi and/or Terraform.
- Strong understanding of containerization technologies such as Docker and Kubernetes.
- Experience building CI/CD pipelines with GitHub Actions, Bitrise and/or Jenkins.
- Proficiency in programming languages such as Typescript or Python.
- Experience with APMs and visualization tools such as Datadog or New Relic.
- Understanding of core networking concepts.
- Knowledge of how distributed systems and micro-services work.
- Understanding of secure development and infrastructure practices.
- Experience working in an Agile methodology.
- Organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to estimate workloads accurately and meet deadlines.
- Attention to detail.
- Effective interpersonal skills, particularly in building relationships and working collaboratively within the Engineering team.
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities.
- Proficient in English with strong written and verbal communication skills (grammar & syntax).
Qualities We Look For
- Craftsmanship: Simply put, you give a shit about the work you do and have empathy for who you do it with and for.
- Always Learning: Your thirst for knowledge, new challenges and bettering yourself never ends personally and professionally.
- Impactful: You want to make an impact at scale and recognize that consistent, regular execution is how you get there. As we like to say, small wins equal big things!
- Hunger for Success: You bring a deep desire to succeed with a sense of controlled urgency.
Benefits and Perks!
- A competitive salary.
- Truly unlimited PTO and sick leave: Take that trip you’ve been planning!
- Remote-work flexibility: Work from the comfort of your home.
- Stock options: You’ll have a meaningful stake in our success.
- Generous WFH stipend: Set up your home office for maximum daily comfort!
- Additional membership and perks.
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise. Any listed salary range is just one component of our total compensation package. If you have questions on compensation packages at Stocktwits, please ask your recruiter.
StockTwits is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Research shows that women and other minority groups typically apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria listed. At Stocktwits, we are dedicated to fair play, and we encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ job seekers to apply for positions even if they don’t check every box for the role.