Senior Software Engineer (Medellin, Colombia)
DISCLAIMER: There may be incorrect openings posted on third party websites. Be advised that all of our current openings are posted on our Careers page - check that out to stay in the know!
Stocktwits is a leading social network and community of individual investors and traders. Our mission is to provide the platform to host the global conversation for investors and traders of all types of assets, styles and experience levels to connect, learn, profit and have fun.
From our beginnings as inventors of the cashtag (e.g. $TSLA), Stocktwits has grown to millions of members and become the defining voice of “social finance.” Stocktwits is the only place to get a pulse on the markets and ideas you care about.
Our community continues to grow rapidly and we are looking for passionate team members to join us as we reimagine the future of financial media, investing & trading services and the tools for the next generation.
You'll be responsible for building new features and improving existing ones that benefit millions of users across our platform. You will work closely with Product, Design, and other team members to solve challenging problems and deliver delightful user experiences.
- Deliver scalable, highly-responsive performant web applications following Stocktwits’ Software Development Life Cycle
- Work with Product Managers, Product Designers, and Engineers to understand requirements and translate that into a pragmatic and effective technical solution
- Help improve code quality through writing unit tests, automation, and performing code reviews
- Proactively identify complex issues, take initiative to resolve first, and triage and escalate effectively within the broader team
- Own assigned projects from beginning to end to be delivered on-time and bug free with minimal support
- Assist in mentoring junior team members as needed
- Participate in on-call rotation
- Perform other duties as assigned
- 5+ years of professional software development experience
- Experience breaking down complex projects into smaller, manageable tasks
- Fluency with at least one programming language; Python, Golang or NodeJS
- Experience using databases such as PostgreSQL, MySQL, Redis or MongoDB
- Experience deploying applications on Kubernetes or AWS Lambda
- Experience using AWS services such as EC2, RDS, S3, MSK etc.
- Experience building production APIs using OpenAPI/Swagger
- Experience using CICD tools to build and deploy apps in production environments
- Understanding of microservices architecture and micro-frontends
- Understanding of secure development practices
- Organizational and project management skills with a demonstrated ability to balance numerous projects while meeting tight deadlines
- Attention to detail
- Effective interpersonal skills, particularly in building relationships and working collaboratively across Engineering and Product teams
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment with changing priorities
- Proficient in English with strong written and verbal communication skills (grammar & syntax)
Qualities We Look For
- Craftsmanship: Simply put, you give a shit about the work you do and have empathy for who you do it with and for.
- Always Learning: Your thirst for knowledge, new challenges and bettering yourself never ends personally and professionally.
- Impactful: You want to make an impact at scale and recognize that consistent, regular execution is how you get there. As we like to say, small wins equal big things!
- Hunger for Success: You bring a deep desire to succeed with a sense of controlled urgency.
Benefits and Perks!
- A competitive salary
- Truly unlimited PTO and sick leave: Take that trip you’ve been planning!
- Remote-work flexibility: Work from the comfort of your home
- Stock options: You’ll have a meaningful stake in our success.
- Generous WFH stipend: Set up your home office for maximum daily comfort!
- Annual company offsites at exciting locations!
- Additional memberships and perks
Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise. Any listed salary range is just one component of our total compensation package. If you have questions on compensation packages at Stocktwits, please ask your recruiter.
StockTwits is committed to equal employment opportunities for all employees. Inside our company, every decision we make regarding our employees is based on merit, competence, and performance, completely free of discrimination. We are committed to building a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills. Within that team, no one will feel more “other” than anyone else. We realize the full promise of diversity and want you to bring your whole self to work every single day.
Research shows that women and other minority groups typically apply only if they meet 100% of the criteria listed. At Stocktwits, we are dedicated to fair play, and we encourage women, people of color, and LGBTQ+ job seekers to apply for positions even if they don’t check every box for the role.