Principal Solutions Architect
Who we are.
Solo enables companies to Connect, Secure and Observe modern applications – APIs, Microservices and Data – with the industry’s leading API and Service Mesh ManagementPlatform (“Gloo”). Solo innovations allow companies to stay on the leading edge of both technology and business possibilities.
Solo is a VC-backed company, founded in 2017 by Idit Levine. In 2021, Solo was valued at $1B. Solo’s customers are some of the largest in the world, spanning all geographies and industries. Solo’s team has deep expertise in Cloud Computing, Linux, Containers, Kubernetes, ServiceMesh, APIs, Security, Microservice Applications, Application Modernization, GraphQL, and eBPF.
About the role.
The Customer Solution Architect plays a pivotal part of a customers post sale lifecycle. Their main responsibility is to act as the technical expert on their assigned accounts during new customer onboarding and initial “go to production” motion. They intimately understand their customer's technical requirements and environment so that they can provide thoughtful solutions to make Solo and the customer successful.
We are looking for someone on the West Coast to support this role. This will be PST hours.
- Understand customer architecture, evolution and real needs
- Develop plan for successful production deployment and ongoing rollout of needed features and functionality
- Utilize expertise to influence customer decisions to be successful in order to achieve high level of satisfaction while leveraging the most value from Solo’s products
- Develop Official Reference Architectures and best practices on our product’s use and value
- Support strategic customers and initiatives at any point during their lifecycle
- Build processes for a better post sales motion
- Facilitate hand-off between pre sales and post sales
- Facilitate hand-off to post production support
- Meet and exceed customer expectations to a high degree of customer satisfaction
- Properly enabling the customer to be self sufficient via
- Architecture review sessions
- Act as expert in our technologies and products, able and willing to educate + support
- 7+ years working with modern cloud related technologies
- At least 4 years of hands-on experience with Kubernetes
- At least 2 years building automation pipelines using GitOps technologies
- Familiar with many CNCF graduated projects and ability to run and configure them
- At least 2 years operating in a senior role where you were giving technology advice and guidance
What you’ll love about Solo.
At Solo, our culture is all about hiring great people, creating a fun and fast-paced work culture, and letting our teams work with our customers to successfully solve their challenges.
Solo works collaboratively with our customers, partners and open source communities to deliver technology innovation, technology solutions, architectural best-practices, and hands-on education. Solo uses a unique engagement model with our customers that allows us to quickly make them successful, and continue to work closely with them as their production environments grow.
Solo is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.