Growth & Performance Marketing Manager
Sofar Ocean Technologies
Sofar is on a mission to connect the world’s oceans. We design, build, and deploy the largest privately owned network of marine weather sensors to power the world’s best marine weather forecasts. Our data helps our customers to increase efficiency and reduce emissions, delivering tools to governments and other stakeholders to understand impacts of climate change on extreme weather and ocean health. We live on Planet Ocean, and our goal is to create the ocean intelligence needed to ensure a sustainable future.
To help accelerate the growth of the company we are looking for an experienced Growth and Performance Marketing manager to join our team. A person that can develop and execute comprehensive growth strategies while maximizing the ROI of performance marketing campaigns to drive qualified leads. The optimal candidate will have the ability to operate in a fast-moving highly technical environment infused with ocean and atmosphere science.
This role will work out of our Pier 28 headquarters in San Francisco.
Impact you’ll own
- Lead growth and performance marketing strategy in partnership with the broader marketing team, including brand, product and content marketing to engage key targeted accounts and drive qualified leads from targeted verticals.
- Own, execute, and optimize campaigns within budget to drive quality prospects into our sales funnel from database marketing, email, SEM, paid social, sponsored content/webinars, and more.
- Maintain and build robust tracking, including conversion and lead attribution with expert experience in the following tools: Hubspot, Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics 4.
- Substantial experience working with performance marketing metrics, delivering key reports and insights; taking relevant action on insights gained to sustain above industry average campaign performance.
- Partner closely with the business development/sales team to align on priorities and enable them to meet business objectives.
- Understand our key accounts and target audiences across shipping, marine sensing applications, academia, government, etc. to ensure campaign, content, channels and targeting are aligned to achieve optimal results.
- Create campaign roadmap, milestones and calendar.
- Help write, edit, and proofread materials for marketing campaigns.
- Help manage creative marketing material development for paid campaigns.
- You are a growth hacker at heart with experience in traditional growth marketing and performance marketing
- Strong quantitative & analytical skills. Ability to use data to make decisions and optimize campaign performance is core to your marketing DNA
- At least 4 years experience and a BA/BS in Marketing, Business, or related fields
- You have expert experience in setting-up, automating, and maintaining the following tools: Google Tag Manager, Google Analytics 4, and Hubspot.
- Time management and organizational skills to thrive in a high-performance environment
- Understanding of the shipping industry, oceanography and/or meteorological data
Estimated Salary Range:
- The range listed is what we reasonably expect to pay for this role at the time of this posting. We may ultimately pay more or less than the posted range and may be modified in the future. Actual compensation packages are based on several factors that are unique to each candidate, including but not limited to skill set, experience, and equity package.
Sofar's Commitment to Climate Justice
We at Sofar Ocean acknowledge that careers in the marine sciences “... have traditionally been, and remain, non-diverse work environments”, thereby limiting the entry and prosperity of underrepresented groups in the space. (Johri et al., 2021) Many of these same groups are disproportionately affected by climate change, and are often excluded from decision making that directly address their interests and needs.
We are committed to addressing these climate injustices and highly encourage people who identify as women, LGBTQ+, Black, Indigenous, and people of color (BIPOC) to apply.
It is the responsibility of every employee to contribute to a positive work environment through cooperative and professional interactions with co-workers, customers, and vendors.
Equal Employment Opportunity
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, disability, or any other factors prohibited by law.
Something looks off?