Wilmington, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2023
About SeuratSeurat Technologies is disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $92M raised and backed by venture partners like Capricorn Investment Group, True Ventures, GM, Porsche SE, Denso, Xerox Ventures, Siemens Energy, SIPGP, and MONIV Mobility. Seurat’s Area Printing is disrupting high-volume conventional manufacturing methods like machining and casting. Originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), Seurat’s pioneering approach delivers high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat is a recipient of Fast Company’s Next Big Things in Tech and the Boston Business Journal’s BostInno Fire Awards. Come change the world with us! Capricorn Investment Group, True Ventures, GM, Porsche SE, Denso, Xerox Ventures, Siemens Energy, SIPGP, and MONIV MobilityWe are curSeurat Technologies is seeking a Process Technician to work on a revolutionary and proprietary laser powder bed fusion (LPBF) based additive manufacturing (AM) or 3D printing technology. This new Area Printing technology greatly enhances the quality and productivity of metal additive manufacturing process.The ideal candidate demonstrates comprehensive capability to use additive manufacturing method to produce product and process materials that involves: (a) operating printers to produce parts, (b) conducting pre and post printing operations, (c) monitoring printing and making adjustment if needed, (d) conducting basic troubleshooting and maintenance of printing and ancillary equipment, (e) post processing printed parts and samples, and (f) reporting printer issues. Responsibilities:
- Operate printer to produce parts according to manufacturing plan, conduct design of experiments (DOEs) for process development, and generate job report.
- Respond to printing operation issues and make necessary adjustment to maximize the success of printing.
- Conduct basic equipment maintenance, troubleshooting, and repairs.
- Report printing operation issues.
- Conduct pre and post printing operations including unloading and cleaning printing cartridge, cleaning printing chambers, loading powders, loading printing cartridge, and conducting all pre-printing procedures and checkups.
- Manage print supplies (raw materials, consumables, replacement parts, etc.).
- Post process printed parts and samples.
- Collaborate with design engineers in technology and product development to improve printer design.
- Associate degree or above in engineering disciplines.
- 7+ years of experience in manufacturing, engineering, or R&D in related fields.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Work effectively with cross functional and multidisciplinary team environment.
- 30% - 100% second shift coverage.
- Travel up to 10%.
- Experience of working in commercial metal AM manufacturing facilities (service bureaus, manufacturing divisions, laboratories, etc.) is strongly preferred.
- Experience in operating laser powder bed fusion (LPBF) based metal printing is strongly preferred.
- Experience in operating sophisticated industrial equipment.