Mechanical Design Engineer
Wilmington, MA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, September 26, 2023
About SeuratSeurat Technologies is disrupting a 7,000-year-old manufacturing industry by reinventing how we produce goods, replacing harmful manufacturing processes (like casting) w/ cleaner tech that prints the future. With $92M raised and backed by venture partners like Capricorn Investment Group, True Ventures, GM, Porsche SE, Denso, Xerox Ventures, Siemens Energy, SIPGP, and MONIV Mobility. Seurat’s Area Printing is disrupting high-volume conventional manufacturing methods like machining and casting. Originally developed at Lawrence Livermore National Laboratory (LLNL), Seurat’s pioneering approach delivers high-volume, localized and decarbonized manufacturing. Seurat is a recipient of Fast Company’s Next Big Things in Tech and the Boston Business Journal’s BostInno Fire Awards. Come change the world with us! Capricorn Investment Group, True Ventures, GM, Porsche SE, Denso, Xerox Ventures, Siemens Energy, SIPGP, and MONIV MobilityWe are looking to add a Mechanical Design Engineer in our Wilmington, MA location. This position is responsible for the development of mechanical drawings and schematics, custom control panel layouts, custom control plate layouts, and assembly line mechanical drawings and details. Major Responsibilities
- Develop test fixture requirements document from CAD design and design customer requirements document
- Demonstrates a basic understanding of design constraints in the design process imposed by internal and external factors
- Obtains mechanical and related data from documents, internal customers, and manufacturing leadership.
- Responsible for applying engineering fundamentals to designs of mechanical systems.
- Communication with internal staff, clients, and other consultants/disciplines.
- Works closely with the Program Management and other R&D Engineering teams to ensure completion of projects on time, on budget, and within scope.
- Coordinates and oversees the preparation of plans and drawings for the mechanical aspects of complex electrical systems (ie: custom electrical control panels, custom retrofit plates, custom electric skid systems, mechanical subsystems, etc.).
- Compiles specifications and contract documents related to mechanical systems
- Hold design reviews for peer, safety, and ergonomics feedback.
- Other duties and responsibilities assigned by the Director of Manufacturing
- Proficiency in AutoCAD is required.
- Knowledgeable with test equipment, PLC logic, mechanical, electro-mechanical assemblies, and basic automation
- Ability to train and manage hand-off of test fixture to end user with standard operating procedure.
- Relevant experience developing test fixtures for pre testing sub assemblies
- Proficiency with 3D parametric modeling software such as SolidWorks
- Must be organized, technically competent, have effective oral and written communications, and experience in working in a multi-disciplined environment and interfacing with engineers, designers, drafters, and project managers.
- A minimum of 8 years of relevant work experience in an engineering environment and a comprehensive knowledge of mechanical design.
- Experience working with a CAD data management system for revision tracking, managing change orders, and Bills of Materials (BOMs) (ie SolidWorks PDM)
- A strong understanding of design and documentation principles, practices and standards, an understanding of materials and systems, and a thorough knowledge of engineering detailing and construction methodology.
- Must be proficient in the use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, Teams).