Account Manager, Reservations
Our Mission at Scythe
Account Manager at Scythe Robotics
Scythe is looking for a highly motivated and self-driven Account Manager to join our growing Marketing + Sales team. With phenomenal demand for our flagship product, Scythe M.52, this is an excellent opportunity to develop innovative customer engagement strategies that excite existing M.52 reservation holders and attract new ones, all while shaping the future of the landscape industry.
As an Account Manager, Reservations you will be responsible for engaging and expanding the customers on our reservations list. The activities vary widely but some of them include running outreach campaigns, conducting robot demos and road shows, attending conferences and events, educating prospects on Scythe products, and identifying and closing reservations leads in prioritized markets.
In this position you will work closely with teammates from across Scythe to further drive industry interest in M.52 by promoting our game-changing products while delivering customer insights back to the broader organization. The lessons you learn from customers will be instrumental in development efforts to ensure that we serve and delight our operating partners — commercial landscapers.
We expect you to be broadly experienced with the ability to see around corners and thrive in fast-paced, self-managed, and customer-obsessed environments, ultimately acting as a collaborative, low-ego teammate who helps Scythe realize its big mission.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Develop and execute innovative engagement strategies and outreach programs that include in-person, digital, and out-of-the-box elements to:
- Ensure M.52 reservations holders remain enthusiastic about Scythe while they await their units, resulting in high reservation retention rates
- Generate, manage, and close new reservations that strengthen our position and open revenue-generating opportunities in priority markets
- Establish, develop, and maintain strong business relationships with current and prospective reservations holders through site visits, road shows, networking opportunities, and industry events
- Develop and deliver presentations, outdoor product demonstrations, and sales pitches that showcase and reinforce the value of Scythe's products and how they solve customer problems
- Collaborate closely with Marketing to craft compelling programs, outbound efforts, and targeted sales campaigns
- Collaborate closely with Implementation + Customer Success to generate and qualify leads based on deployment needs
- Travel up to 40% of the time, including some road trips where you will be driving robots around — but don't worry, we make the travel experience great at Scythe
What you know well
- Customer relationship management and sales efforts to leadership members of companies ranging from $5M - $500M in annual revenue
- Customer engagement, sales and/or business development specifically in the landscape industry or other outdoor work companies
- Exceptional interpersonal skills to work with a wide variety of people each day, build strong relationships, and network effectively
- Excellent phone presence that easily connects to existing and potential reservations holders
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, especially persuasion, to clearly convey and reinforce the benefits of the product to current and potential reservations holders
- Knowledge of industry trends, sales and marketing strategies, and consumer psychology
- Effective critical thinking and problem solving skills to quickly answer customers’ questions and solve their potential issues with the Scythe product
- Using a CRM to track engagements (we use HubSpot)
What you’ve maybe done
- Managed a book of business generating more than $1 million in commercial sales revenue
- Exhibited or presented at various conferences / seminars to highlight product features and build connections with more potential clients
- Consultative sales in automation/robotics, landscaping, and/or the outdoor power equipment industry
- Driven a truck and trailer
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 75% funded dependent coverage
- 401(k) retirement plan (non-matching today)
- Headquarters just outside beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more.
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Fort Pierce, FL
- Flexible paid time-off and remote work to let you do your best work where and when you want
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Account Manager, Reservations position has an expected minimum annual cash salary of $75,000. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only, and this role is open to candidates outside of Colorado as well.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.