Field Robotics Technician
Our Mission at Scythe
Field Robotics Technician at Scythe
Scythe is looking for a Field Robotics Technician to help repair and maintain our fleet of autonomous robots supporting the next chapter in Scythe's journey: ramping from dozens of units to tens of thousands. We've developed an industry-changing machine and have customers knocking down our door for units, so we're looking to scale our production quickly and get thousands of reliable autonomous machines out into the world where they can change how we take care of all our outdoor space.
You'll be responsible for vehicle troubleshooting, repair, and customer vehicle health at Scythe. This is a new team and you will be expected to establish the foundations of what a skilled and professional technician can do. You will work closely with our manufacturing team, engineering and customer operations to keep our vehicles operating in customer’s hands.
We're looking for a technician based at our HQ in Longmont who is available to travel frequently to our locations in Austin and Vero Beach. We'll be adding more locations in the coming year and we expect you'll travel approximately 50% of the year to help support our bots in the field.
What you’ll do at Scythe
- Maintain our fleet of autonomous vehicles including predictive, preventative, and corrective maintenance
- Actively monitor our entire fleet using live data streaming from the vehicles
- Recover vehicles to optimize customer's uptime should a vehicle in the field experience a failure
- Follow standard work procedures for maintenance activities and ensure they are completed in a timely fashion according to defined schedules
- Provide hands on support to troubleshoot, establish root cause, and perform the various types of maintenance activities required to keep the fleet healthy
What you know well
- Experience as a jack-of-all-trades technician with a well-rounded set of mechanical, electrical, and troubleshooting skills
- Experience as a field service technician traveling to various customer locations to provide firsthand troubleshooting and repairs
- Experience building, maintaining, and/or troubleshooting complex electro-mechanical systems including, but not limited to, robotics, antennas, PCBAs, actuators, GPS systems, industrial automation, etc
- Experience working within an ERP system to assemble, test, and/or maintain electro-mechanical systems
- Experience reading and interpreting electrical schematics
- Experience using complex tools such as an oscilloscope, voltmeter, precision inspection equipment (calipers, micrometers, etc), and/or software monitoring programs
What you’ve maybe done
- Moderate to extensive work with diagnostic tools using high level scripting languages (ex: Python)
- Familiarity with Linux command line
- Moderate to extensive work and troubleshooting with electric or hybrid vehicles
- Moderate to advanced level PCBA and/or electrical troubleshooting
- Database querying using SQL, PostgreSQL, or similar
- Dashboard navigation using Tableau, Grafana, or similar
- Scythe is an early-stage but well-capitalized startup. Have a huge impact alongside an awesome team of experts shipping something the world has never before seen
- We've got real working off-road robots
- Competitive salary and equity compensation
- Fully-sponsored medical, vision, and dental insurance, including 50% funded dependent coverage
- Headquarters near beautiful Boulder, CO. Enjoy the bounties of nature and open spaces close to home with mountain biking, hiking, skiing and more
- Satellite offices in Austin, TX and Vero Beach, FL
- Flexible paid time-off to let you do your best work
- Highly collaborative learning culture where personal freedom, growth, and responsibility are valued
- An opportunity to have an incredible positive impact on the world
Scythe is a total compensation company, which provides employees a comprehensive salary, equity, and benefit package. However, only the minimum salary amounts are listed here. Scythe carefully considers a wide range of compensation factors, including education, years of experience, competencies and other relevant business considerations. These considerations can cause your compensation to vary along with your compensation mode preferences. The Field Robotics Technician position has an expected minimum hourly rate of $28. The actual pay may be higher depending on your skills, qualifications, and experience. Equity and benefits packages are NOT included in this estimate. Please note that this information is provided for those hired in Colorado only.
Scythe is an Equal Opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, protected veteran status or any other factor protected by applicable local, state or federal laws.