Sr. Strategy and Operations Manager, Supply
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reforge’s core value proposition is to bring the expertise of experts to practitioners in the product and growth domain.
The Supply team acquires the best operators in tech and enables them to codify their expertise into high-quality content and courses for Reforge’s members and teams.
As part of the Supply team, the Sr. Strategy & Ops Manager will focus on supply acquisition and engagement for a new product at Reforge: Artifacts. Artifacts enable top tech operators to showcase their real work products and share the learnings and insights they’ve gathered along the way. You will focus on growing the number of Artifact creators on the platform, including creator acquisition, activation, and engagement. You will also collaborate with the Product team on key moments in the end-user journey.
Reforge is a new kind of educational company that helps you access the earned insights of the world's leading practitioners, learn and apply frameworks without leaving your job, and build a strong professional network. Our content, community, experience, and brand combine into a unique product offering that creates unparalleled access to insights that are typically trapped in the heads of top operators.
OUR OPERATING VALUES
Our operating values are opinionated on purpose. We don’t aim to be everything to everyone. Their distinctness is meant to be used as a common set of threads that bond us together on our mission. We use our values to operate, solve problems, make decisions, evaluate/reward team members, and determine who and how we hire. You can see our full set of values and the decisions behind them on Reforge Artifacts.
- ⛴️ Delivering value to customers is all that matters.
- 🔂 Maximize the pace of improvement.
- ⚡️ Small teams do bigger things.
- 🧠Think like an underdog.
- ⚙️ Be a problem-solving machine.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
- Reforge Subject Matter Experts - You’ll engage with senior leaders at companies like Slack, Patreon, Open Door, Airtable, Hubspot, and more to encourage them to submit artifacts.
- Supply Team - You’ll work closely with the Artifacts Lead, and other Content Strategists and Producers on the Artifacts content team to increase the number of artifacts on the platform.
- Product Team - You’ll collaborate with PMs, designers, and engineers to improve the supply and end-user experience.
WHAT YOU'LL OWN
- Own a user acquisition and engagement target for the Reforge Product line: Artifacts
- Develop strategies to improve value realization, conversion rates, and efficiency at each stage of the supply and end-user journey
- Building and improving the infrastructure to scale our creator acquisition and engagement efforts.
- Analyze product data to identify user engagement trends and opportunities and creator performance
- Refine the product narrative, positioning, and messaging for Reforge Artifacts for our creator audience
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5-7 years in a growth, business operations, chief of staff, product operations, or management consulting role, ideally in a start-up environment.
- Ability to communicate complex, disparate ideas in a clear and compelling way. Strong writing ability is a must.
Nice to Have
- Experience working on a marketplace product, ideally with growing supply.
- Analytical, very comfortable sourcing and manipulating their own data to identify insights and tell a story with quantitative proof points.
- Expert user of analytical languages and tools like SQL, Metabase, Lookr, Google Sheets, and/or Excel.
- Able to build and improve the infrastructure to scale our creator acquisition efforts.
- Experience with crafting engaging and persuasive copy for a range of marketing materials across surfaces like email, user journeys, social campaigns, etc.
- Customer or client-facing experience.
Attributes that will make you successful in this role
- “Hunter” Mindset - You are motivated by ambitious goals and are hungry to find new ways to reach them. You are persistent when you experience friction. A self-starter, motivated by continuously solving hard problems.
- Compelling and Persuasive - You can inspire action from peers on your team, cross-functional partners, and exec leaders alike. A big part of this role is sourcing and converting top operators in tech to create and submit artifacts. This is a new product and behavior for operators, and one that often requires some ‘selling’.
- Energized by a Fast-Paced Environment - You enjoy working in a fast paced environment. You are comfortable navigating ambiguity, and are excited to take on new challenges as they emerge.
- Growth Mindset - You are willing to try new things, work with different tools, and can learn and iterate quickly. You don’t let perfect be the enemy of good.
- Resourceful and curious - The ideal person for this role will be able to quickly get up to speed on new tools as they need to use them, like hubspot, iterable, amplitude, etc. with minimal handholding or support.
The internal mission of Reforge is to create an environment where you create the best work of your career. In order to do that we offer:
- Flexible/Distributed Work Environment - Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a distributed-first team and offer financial support that enables you to create the schedule and environment that fits to you. We also ask that every employee block off 2-3 hours of daily “deep work,” ensuring that you always have uninterrupted time and can keep a schedule that enables you to do your best work.
- Healthcare - We offer top rated health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for employees, and 70% for dependents.
- Salary + Equity - We offer highly competitive salary and equity inline with top tier technology companies.
- 401k - We offer the opportunity for you to contribute to a 401k directly from your paycheck.
- Flexible PTO - Having plentiful “off the grid” time is a key to doing your best work. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it. Everyone must take at least 10 days per year, and we highly encourage more.
- Time off - we offer 19 paid holidays per year on top of our flexible PTO
…and much more
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We deeply value creating a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.