Senior Software Engineer
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Engineering within Reforge develops new products, features, and enhancements to our already robust platform.
As a Senior Software Engineer, you will lead by example writing code that others can understand, and will work cross-functionally in pursuit of a better customer experience on the Reforge platform.
Reforge is a new kind of educational company that helps you access the earned insights of the world's leading practitioners, learn and apply frameworks without leaving your job, and build a strong professional network. Our content, community, experience, and brand combine into a unique product offering that creates unparalleled access to insights that are typically trapped in the heads of top operators.
OUR OPERATING VALUES
Our operating values are opinionated on purpose. We don’t aim to be everything to everyone. Their distinctness is meant to be used as a common set of threads that bond us together on our mission. We use our values to operate, solve problems, make decisions, evaluate/reward team members, and determine who and how we hire. You can see our full set of values and the decisions behind them on Reforge Artifacts.
- ⛴️ Delivering value to customers is all that matters.
- 🔂 Maximize the pace of improvement.
- ⚡️ Small teams do bigger things.
- 🧠Think like an underdog.
- ⚙️ Be a problem-solving machine.
WHO YOU'LL WORK WITH
- VP, Engineering
- Head of Product
- Head of Design
- Head of Data
WHAT YOU'LL OWN
- Own and lead Engineering projects from conception through to maintenance, plan iterative releases that deliver high impact
- Work cross-functionally with Product, Design, and Data to communicate and execute on deliverables
- Provide technical leadership: thought leadership in prioritizing initiatives, etc.
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- 2+ years Ruby on Rails or similar backend language
- Experience shipping code for a highly visible product
- Experience in a cross-functional team-based environment
- Experience operating in an ambiguous, ever-changing environment
- Experience shipping quality-controlled products
Nice to Have
- Platform and/or DevOps Engineering experience
- Holistic ownership; you’re used to wearing many hats
- Prior experience in a remote-first org
Attributes that will make you successful in this role
- Excellent communication with non-technical folks
- Desire to mentor and collaborate
The internal mission of Reforge is to create an environment where you create the best work of your career. In order to do that we offer:
- Flexible/Distributed Work Environment - Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a distributed-first team and offer financial support that enables you to create the schedule and environment that fits to you. We also ask that every employee block off 2-3 hours of daily “deep work,” ensuring that you always have uninterrupted time and can keep a schedule that enables you to do your best work.
- Healthcare - We offer top rated health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for employees, and 70% for dependents.
- Salary + Equity - We offer highly competitive salary and equity inline with top tier technology companies.
- 401k - We offer the opportunity for you to contribute to a 401k directly from your paycheck.
- Flexible PTO - Having plentiful “off the grid” time is a key to doing your best work. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it. Everyone must take at least 10 days per year, and we highly encourage more.
…and much more
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We deeply value creating a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.