Head of Marketing
ABOUT THIS ROLE
Reforge is looking for a visionary operator to oversee our marketing function.
Reforge partners with the top operators in tech, and is building the leading learning and development platform for Product and Growth practitioners and teams. With 20,000+ members, a multiple 6 figure email list, and hundreds of VP / C level partners excited to go to market together; there is a strong distribution starting point for you to take to the next level.
Our ideal marketing leader will have a natural bend towards media and acquisition. Creator Operators are at the heart of the Reforge value proposition, and we are looking for someone who can accelerate our growth through telling their stories and sharing their learnings. We imagine evolving from a predominantly long form content and WOM marketing approach, to a modern media powerhouse featuring our operators across podcasts, newsletters, YouTube, and social media sites. If you are pushing the boundaries of modern media to drive acquisition for brands, we want to talk to you!
In addition to a deep focus on media and acquisition, the Head of Marketing will own revenue targets for our Courses and Teams lines of business. This role will own marketing tip to tail, and partner closely with a growth-focused product organization.
As the Head of Marketing, you will be a key member of Reforge's leadership team and play a critical role in helping us grow our business - setting the vision and strategy for Reforge Media, our fast-growing community of creator operators, and spearheading new media products we develop.
The right candidate will be a seasoned leader with experience inspiring teams, developing and growing innovative media products, and pushing everyone to think bigger.
Reforge is a new kind of educational company that helps you access the earned insights of the world's leading practitioners, learn and apply frameworks without leaving your job, and build a strong professional network. Our content, community, experience, and brand combine into a unique product offering that creates unparalleled access to insights that are typically trapped in the heads of top operators.
WHAT YOU'LL OWN
Here are some delightful bullet points that outline some things you'll be doing:
- Grow Reforge Media to become a significant part of Reforge’s acquisition flywheel
- Establish short-term and long-term goals for the team and ensuring they ladder up to the company's broader needs
- Consistently recruiting A players to join Reforge
- Coach and develop the marketing team, ensuring the team has a clear vision, is motivated to achieve our goals, and is held accountable for our ambitious targets
- Lead Reforge Media to create fast growing, cohesive media products across our product, newsletter, blog, podcast, and video platforms
- Establish collaborations with leading operator creators to broaden the reach of our business
- Manage budget to ensure that we are properly supporting all of our products and growing our business efficiently
- Own revenue + demand targets for our Courses and Teams business lines
- Own and oversee all product launches + user communications
- Positioning Reforge’s product offering to be differentiated and communicate clear value to prospects, users, and customers
SKILLS & EXPERIENCE WE ARE LOOKING FOR
We need a leader who:
- Is willing to do the work. Reforge’s marketing team is 4 people today. The expectation is to come in and work alongside the team, and scale up as things become impactful.
- Has a strong vision for growing our business in an increasingly competitive industry.
- Is a seasoned operator and people manager who can drive the team toward ambitious but achievable goals.
- Demonstrates a results-oriented mindset with the ability to foster teamwork and inspire creativity in a fast-paced culture.
- Exhibits a cool under pressure disposition and is capable of creating a vision and seeing it through.
- Has strong interpersonal skills, is a good communicator, skilled negotiator, and understands how to build bridges with internal and external stakeholders.
- Is autonomous and a self-directed leader who embodies the values we all share, including: prioritizing customer value above all else, maximizing the pace of improvement, doing big things with small teams, thinking like an underdog, and being a problem solving machine.
The internal mission of Reforge is to create an environment where you create the best work of your career. In order to do that we offer:
- Flexible/Distributed Work Environment - Everyone does their best work in different environments. We operate as a distributed-first team and offer financial support that enables you to create the schedule and environment that fits to you.
- Professional Development - We focus on a culture of learning. We offer full financial reimbursement for almost all professional development interests and efforts.
- Benefits - We offer top rated health, vision, and dental insurance. We cover 100% of monthly premiums for employees, and 70% for dependents.
- Salary + Equity - We offer highly competitive salary and equity inline with top tier technology companies.
- 401k - We offer the opportunity for you to contribute to a 401k directly from your paycheck
- Flexible PTO - Having plentiful “off the grid” time is a key to doing your best work. We offer flexible PTO. Take time when you need it. Everyone must take at least 10 days per year, and we highly encourage more.
Our commitment to diversity and inclusion: We deeply value creating a team with different perspectives, educational backgrounds, and life experiences, and we prioritize diversity within our team. We encourage people from underrepresented backgrounds to apply.