Retail Sales Manager
Prime Roots is on a mission to provide a better cut of meat for every type of eater. Prime Roots is able to replicate the taste and texture of meat without any of the environmental costs of animal proteins. Prime Roots is focused on the deli counter bringing plant-based deli classics to the masses. The work of the team has been featured in the Wall Street Journal, New York Times, Fast Company, and Food & Wine. Prime Roots is headquartered in Berkeley, CA, and backed by the same investors as Blue Bottle Coffee and Sweetgreen.
About the role
Prime Roots is seeking a highly motivated and results-oriented Retail Sales Manager to lead and expand our retail presence in the Eastern region. As the Retail Sales Manager, you will be responsible for driving sales, building strong relationships with retailers, and executing strategic initiatives to get Prime Roots meats into deli counters across the East Coast.
- Identify and pursue new retail opportunities, including potential partnerships, collaborations, and market expansions.
- This role is responsibile for independents and chains and national accounts
- Signing on new distribution partners to increase Prime Roots’s footprint
- Implement strategies to increase Prime Roots' retail footprint and enhance product visibility on store shelves.
- This role will be required to travel to meet our customers for both sampling and store visits as this is a core part of our category
Retail Account Management:
- Develop and nurture strong relationships with key retail partners in the Eastern region, which includes supermarkets, grocery chains, and specialty stores.
- Actively manage retail accounts, ensuring satisfaction, addressing concerns, and identifying opportunities for growth.
- Overseeing inside sales for all responsible accounts to grow them over time
- Working with marketing team and brand ambassadors to make each account successful with in-store and out of store needs
Product Knowledge and Training:
- Provide training and support to retail staff to improve their product knowledge and enable effective communication of product benefits to consumers.
- Collaborate with the marketing team to develop retail-specific educational materials and point-of-sale displays.
- Responsible for execution of in-store merchandising, store training, and store performance
Reporting and Analysis and Document Preparation:
- Regularly prepare reports on sales performance, inventory levels, and market trends.
- Utilize data-driven insights to make informed decisions and adjustments to optimize sales strategies.
- Ability to create materials for sales purposes for customers as well as for internal stakeholders to understand performance of stores