San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 24, 2024
Pendulum® is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel class of rationally-designed Live Synbiotics™ (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people globally and you love working in a fast-paced cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue reading!
Pendulum is seeking a highly skilled and motivated Quality Technician to join our Quality team. This person will
The Quality Technician will play a crucial role in ensuring we meet growing customer demand. They will contribute to establishing a strong foundation of best practices that will enable business growth. Our ideal candidate is interested in working in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial environment, is motivated by seeking efficiencies and solving problems, and is excited by supporting the flow of goods from R&D through to commercialization.
What You'll Do:
- Conduct routine and non-routine QC testing to ensure compliance with internal standards. (Flow cytometry, PCR, Plating, Filter Integrity, Facility Inspection)
- Provide hands-on assistance and problem-solving support to the quality control team
- Verify quality of incoming materials including raw and packaging material
- Conduct environmental monitoring and prepare/ship lab samples for 3rd party testing
- Ensure quality control processes are followed
- Actively participate in process improvement
- Conduct QC inspection of production area as well as sanitation audits
- Maintain record-keeping, including daily updating of batch records/forms and informing the Quality Control Supervisor of any deviation
- Maintain and monitor facility food safety, sanitation and documentation in the production environment
- Support in process checks from incoming inspection to finished product release
- Supports the maintenance of the stability program
- Help follow up on corrective and preventive actions, and deviations
- Review and update batch record, forms and work instructions
- Support vendor re-evaluation and new supplier approval
- Other duties as assigned
- B.S. in Microbiology, Biochemistry, Biology, Food Science, Chemical Engineering, or a related field with 2+ years work experience or industry aligned certification
- Familiarity or experience within a food/dietary supplement manufacturing environment or Biotech environment
- Experience with flow cytometry is desirable.
- Experience with aseptic techniques used in microbiology is desirable.
- Experience with SQF is desirable.
- Ability to work in a GMP manufacturing environment.
- Detail oriented and highly organized with strong analytical skills
- Experience in implementing and prioritizing work across multiple projects under tight time constraints and deadlines
- Proactive, honest communicator, flexible, and team player
- Ability to work cross functionally
- Ability to stand for long periods of time in a laboratory setting
- Familiarity with developing/writing SOPs, documenting and tracking lot numbers
- Familiar with Excel, Word, and Google apps
- Must be willing to work in a rotational shift environment to support the manufacturing schedule. May include occasional weekend and swing shift coverage
- Must be onsite
Salary & Benefits
- $67,658 - $78,934
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- Life & STD Insurance
- Company match on 401 (k)
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Pendulum Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all to apply.