HR Operations Manager
People & HR, Operations
San Francisco, CA, USA
Posted on Tuesday, May 23, 2023
Pendulum ® is on a mission to help people improve physical and mental health by creating a new category
of products that target the microbiome. We are researching, developing and commercializing a novel
class of rationally-designed Live Synbiotics ™ (probiotics + prebiotics) that have demonstrated clinical
efficacy to treat conditions like metabolic syndrome, inflammation and neurodegeneration.
Pendulum has created proprietary pipelines to build a unique discovery platform that identifies key, novel
bacterial strains and the prebiotics that feed them.
We are a highly collaborative team of scientists, engineers, physicians, marketers and salespeople
interested in improving human health by using the latest research from diverse fields, such as
microbiology, molecular biology, high-throughput genomics, distributed computing, pharmaceutical
development and nutrition. We believe strongly in an individual’s transparency and strong communication
to enable the most effective and efficient path to team success.
If you’re interested in building a new category of products that will help improve the lives of people
globally and you love working in a cross-functional, collaborative, inspiring environment, please continue
Pendulum is seeking a Human Resources Operations Manager to join our company to lead and perform
the day-to-day HR operations of our growing organization. Our ideal candidate is operations-minded, has
experience with both exempt and non-exempt employees, loves to interact with people, possesses sharp
analytical skills with a strong work ethic, and is ready to roll their sleeves up and make things happen.
- Lead all day-to-day HR operations at the company.
- Own and manage all HRIS systems, including improvements and changes as we grow and evolve.
- Manage the annual benefits open enrollment process; identify benefits and plans that will attract and retain high performing employees and reflect the company’s culture and values.
- Ensure legal and regulatory compliance with Federal, State and San Francisco-specific requirements are met and reflected in company policies and programs.
- Manage daily benefits administration, including educating and providing benefit information to candidates and employees and medical and/or family leaves.
- Provide support for employee relations situations that may arise.
- Work with recruiting to conduct job analysis, ensure job descriptions and postings are consistent across functions and compliant; and create and send new hire offer letters.
- Work with our compensation and recruiting consultants to understand how our banding works for both exempt and non-exempt employees, perform analyses to support our salary structures and pay philosophy, and perform market data research to inform decisions around pay, promotions and equity.
- Partner with IT and Office Management to plan and facilitate on-boarding and off-boarding.
- Work with Accounting and Payroll to ensure employees are classified and paid correctly.
- Identify and administer employee training to ensure knowledge, community and legal compliance.
- 5-10+ years of progressively more responsible experience in Human Resources at a growing company
- Experience with HRIS systems; Zenefits experience is helpful
- Hands-on experience with administration of benefits, on-boarding, off-boarding, and payroll
- Experience running an HR Operation in compliance with applicable laws, including writing policies and process documents
- Familiarity with current CA and federal employment laws, such as FMLA
- Data driven, with a high level of comfort presenting analysis and information to senior management and staff
- Excellent interpersonal skills and experience supporting employees at all levels of an organization
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Belief in transparency and open communication, and the ability of an individual’s power to improve and enable those around them
- Extraordinary organizational skills, with high attention to detail and focus on accuracy and accountability
Salary & Benefits
- 120,000 to 130,000 (DOE)
- Medical, Dental, and Vision
- Commuter Benefits
- Life & STD Insurance
- Company match on 401 (k)
- Flexible Time Off (FTO)
Pendulum Therapeutics, Inc. is committed to creating a diverse environment and is proud to be an equal
opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to
race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics,
disability, age, or veteran status. We welcome all to apply.
See more open positions at Pendulum Therapeutics
Something looks off?