Product Marketing Manager
Founded in 2015 with the mission to protect the open economy, OpenZeppelin is the world leader in securing blockchain applications and smart contracts.
Its bedrock open source Contract Libraries are a public good and industry standard for smart contract development.
OpenZeppelin’s professional expertise, unified with the Defender developer security platform, integrates through clients’ development lifecycles, so teams can plan, code, audit, deploy and operate projects faster and more safely.
Please note: Always refer to OpenZeppelin's official job page for the most accurate information about our open roles, as we have seen multiple third party job sites posting inaccurate information.
The Product Team ❤️
Our product team is responsible for the strategy, planning, launch, and adoption of the different OpenZeppelin products. This role will be focused on adoption and helping developers thrive using the full OpenZeppelin stack. It will require experience and skills in go-to-market, product marketing, and developer relations, as well as product management.
The Product team works closely with all the functions in order to achieve our goal of protecting the open economy by enabling developers and companies to securely code, audit, deploy, and operate smart contracts. We put a strong emphasis on user experience and analytics, and we love to experiment!
What you'll be doing
- Market Analysis & Strategy Development: Conduct comprehensive market research to understand our target audience's needs, and craft strategic marketing plans to increase adoption and engagement.
- Content Creation & Messaging: Develop compelling content and messaging that clearly communicates the value proposition of OpenZeppelin Contracts libraries and Defender to a technical audience, including developers and security professionals.
- Go-to-Market Execution: Work with the product team to plan and execute go-to-market strategies for new features and updates, working closely with product, sales, marketing, and engineering teams to ensure successful launches.
- Community Engagement & Growth: Engage with the developer and blockchain communities through social media, forums, and events to build brand awareness, foster relationships, and gather feedback for product improvement.
- Performance Measurement: Track and analyze marketing campaign performance and product usage data to inform future marketing strategies and product development decisions.
- Cross-functional Collaboration: Serve as the marketing lead in cross-functional teams, ensuring alignment between product development and marketing efforts to meet business objectives.
- Relevant Experience: 3-5 years of experience in product marketing in the technology or blockchain industry, with a proven track record of successful marketing campaign execution and product growth.
- Technical Proficiency: A strong understanding of Web3 technology, smart contracts, and development tools. Familiarity with OpenZeppelin Contracts and Defender is a plus.
- Strategic Thinker and Data-driven Mindset: Ability to develop strategic marketing plans based on market research and addiction to data analysis, with a keen eye for identifying growth opportunities.
- Content Creation Skills: Exceptional writing and content creation skills, with the ability to craft compelling messages for a technical audience.
- Self-Motivated: As a potential first marketing hire, you must be self-motivated, able to work independently, and comfortable taking initiative in a fast-paced startup environment.
- Communication & Collaboration: Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams and engage with the community.
Nice to have
- Hands-on experience in Web3, specifically smart contracts development.
- Experience working in early-stage fast-moving start-up.
- Working for a Web3 security company or a Web3 developer tooling product.
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Talent Call (45 mins)
- Hiring Manager Call (45 mins)
- Team Interview (45 mins)
- Leadership Interview (30 mins)
- Paid work test (Lasting up to 5 days)
- Reference checks
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!