Founded in 2015 with the mission to protect the open economy, OpenZeppelin is the world leader in securing blockchain applications and smart contracts.
Its bedrock open source Contract Libraries are a public good and industry standard for smart contract development.
OpenZeppelin’s professional expertise, unified with the Defender developer security platform, integrates through clients’ development lifecycles, so teams can plan, code, audit, deploy and operate projects faster and more safely.
About this role
As a Solution Architect, you will play a crucial part in understanding and addressing the complex security needs of our clients, utilizing OpenZeppelin's product and service offerings. Your responsibilities will include developing a thorough understanding of our offerings, conducting product demonstrations, and engaging in pre-sales technical discussions with clients. As a technical account manager for key clients, you will ensure their needs are comprehensively met and their expectations exceeded.
Working as a technical member of the Sales team, your collaboration with our Product, Development and Security Services teams is vital to this role, as you will contribute to identifying product enhancements and pairing service offerings with product features to better address client needs. You will be responsible for thoroughly documenting client solutions, transitioning clients from sales to post-sale services, and supporting marketing activities such as writing blogs, participating in webinars, and speaking at industry events. Additionally, you will develop Proofs of Concept to showcase the potential of our offerings and handle technical support requests, guiding clients in using our latest features and deploying secure smart contract systems.
As a passionate blockchain fan and user advocate, you will connect the dots between the technical solution to business value for the user.
What you’ll be doing
- Quickly understand a client’s complex ecosystems and security needs to determine how best OpenZeppelin solutions can benefit them
- Develop deep functional product expertise of OpenZeppelin offerings
- Run product demos with technical customers in pre-sales meetings and answer their questions on the product capabilities
- Serve as the technical account manager for some of our most important clients, understanding their needs and making sure their expectations are met
- Work with the Product Development team to identify and prioritize product and integration enhancements based on client requests and identified technical obstacles
- Work with the Security Services team to identify critical services needs and pair service offerings with relevant product features to improve efficiency
- Thoroughly document proposed client solutions, to help transition your work from the sales cycle to post-sale implementation and servicing
- Support Marketing team with evangelism activities (writing blogs, participating in demo-driven webinars, speaking at industry events, etc.)
- Develop Proofs of Concept (PoCs) to demonstrate the possibilities of OpenZeppelin offerings
- Handle technical support requests from priority clients and assist them in utilizing new features and deploying their smart contract systems securely
- A bachelor's and/or master’s degree in computer science, IT, software engineering, or computer science. Equivalent industry experience may also be considered on a case-by-case basis
- At least 2 years experience in a solution architecture or technical sales engineering position
- Working experience with, and/or strong knowledge of, Ethereum smart contracts and the blockchain ecosystem
- Understanding of the security landscape and common vulnerabilities in smart contract systems
- Working knowledge of infrastructure and security architecture practices and concerns
- Experience building and delivering Proofs of Concept (PoCs) and responding to functional and technical elements of proposals independently and effectively.
- Solid organizational, project management and teamwork skills validated by experience leading a technical team
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to explain technical information in simple terms
- Pre-Sales technology solutions experience, working with startups is a plus
- Prior experience working remotely: strong personal organizational skills, a love for self-time management, and ability to work collaboratively with a team
Nice to Have
- Experience deploying production Solidity smart contracts involving ERC20 and ERC721 token standards
- Experience creating and presenting technical talks in both online webinars and in-person conferences
- Experience working with Hubspot or similar CRMs
- Experience developing CI/CD deployment pipelines using GitHub Actions
- Experience working with Rust
- AWS Cloud certification (Solutions Architect Associate or higher)
This is a 100% remote position with no travel required but we are only hiring in the following time zone range:
- UTC -8 to UTC +3
Our interview process takes place on Zoom and tends to consist of the following stages:
- Recruiter Call (30-45 minutes)
- Hiring Manager Interview (30 minutes)
- Team Member Interview (30 minutes)
- Leadership Interview (30 minutes)
- Paid work test (up to 10 days to complete the assignment)
- Reference and background checks
- Unlimited holidays 🏝
- Fully remote: your way of working 🌎
- Paid parental leave & benefits for primary or second caregiver 💙
- Company retreats in different locations around the world 😎
- Work from home office equipment stipend of up to $500 USD 🪑
- Monthly allowance for wellness activities 💪
- Coworking: access to a coworking space of your choice 👩💻
- Learning: technical training; spoken language lessons in any language of your choice (using Italki) 🗣
- Working with a global team in a fast-growing industry 🚀
Please note: Always refer to OpenZeppelin's official job page for the most accurate information about our open roles, as we have seen multiple third party job sites posting inaccurate information.
At OpenZeppelin, we are an equal opportunity employer and we value different perspectives. We are committed to building a diverse workforce. This includes but is not limited to gender, race, sexual orientation, religion, national origin and other characteristics that make each one of us unique. In this uniqueness, we find the most value. Come join us!