Senior IT Manager
Teaching kids to think critically and communicate effectively has never been more important, and NoRedInk helps students become better writers in more than 60% of U.S. school districts. To further advance our mission, NoRedInk is seeking a highly motivated and experienced Senior Manager of Corporate IT. As the Senior Manager of Corporate IT, you will be the sole individual responsible for managing and optimizing NoRedInk's internal technology infrastructure. You will play a critical role in ensuring the reliability, security, and efficiency of our IT systems and services, enabling our employees to work effectively and supporting the company's overall business objectives.
- IT Infrastructure Management: Lead the planning, implementation, and maintenance of NoRedInk's internal IT infrastructure.
- User Support and Helpdesk Services: Serve as the frontline liaison for all IT-related matters, promptly responding to IT-related issues and ensuring that technology resources are accessible and functional for all employees, including on and offboarding and tracking user accounts. Develop and enhance self-service solutions, empowering our workforce to resolve common challenges independently. Manage AV technology for occasional on-site events.
- Security and Compliance: Represent Corporate IT in regular security council meetings and implement security measures to protect the company's data, systems, and networks. Ensure compliance with relevant regulations and industry best practices, overseeing user provisioning, access management, Mobile Device Management (MDM) solutions, and regular software updates.
- Collaboration Tools: Manage our suite of collaboration tools and software platforms, fostering seamless communication, collaboration, and knowledge-sharing among our employees.
- Vendor Management: Manage relationships with technology vendors and service providers. Evaluate vendor products and services, negotiate contracts, and oversee vendor performance to ensure that the company's technology needs are met effectively and cost-efficiently.
- Disaster Recovery and Business Continuity: Develop and implement disaster recovery and business continuity plans to ensure the company can recover quickly from unexpected disruptions such as natural disasters, cyber-attacks, or hardware failures.
- Business Process Optimization: Work cross-functionally to identify potential efficiency improvements through the use of technology. Analyze workflows, identify bottlenecks, and implement software solutions to streamline operations and enhance productivity.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, or related field
- Minimum of 5 years in IT, with a strong background in running IT help desks and providing excellent customer service.
- Experience with cloud computing platforms, virtualization technologies, and enterprise software solutions
- Experience supporting a remote or hybrid workforce using MacOS products.
- Excellent leadership, communication, and interpersonal skills. Ability to collaborate effectively with colleagues across different departments and levels of the organization
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities. Ability to prioritize tasks and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Demonstrated experience in implementing and expanding self-service solutions
- Relevant IT certifications (e.g. ITIL, CompTIA)
- Experience securing and maintaining security compliance certification and preparing for security audits (e.g. ISO 27001, SOC2, or similar)
- Experience working at a SaaS company with 100-250 team members.
NoRedInk helps students in over 60% of US school districts become better writers. Our deeply engaging, adaptive curriculum personalizes exercises to kids' interests, guides them through the writing process with instructional support, and boosts their skills through targeted practice. Students have completed over 10 billion exercises on our site, and our mission is to help all students harness the power of the written word.
NoRedInk believes that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success, and we seek to recruit, develop, and retain the most talented people from a diverse candidate pool. At NoRedInk, we are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, national origin, age, physical and mental disability, marital status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, military and veteran status, and any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Compensation at NoRedInk is robust and includes a full range of benefits, unlimited PTO, monthly co-working stipends, an initial home-office set up stipend, and generous equity. Our salary ranges are based on factors such as expectations as laid out in the job description, location-specific market data, internal parity, and the experience and skills of individual candidates. Therefore, the compensation range is $115,000 - $135,000. and accounts for a variety of locations and skills/experience. Please know that if you are invited to speak with a recruiter at NoRedInk, they will have an open discussion about compensation during your first call to ensure alignment.
*Note: Agencies or other third-party recruiters may not submit unsolicited candidate resumes or their information to any NoRedInk employee, including a NoRedInk Recruiter, unless a contract is signed and you are given permission by the Talent Acquisition team to work on a job opening.