Legal Operations Specialist (Remote OK)
At Murj, we do what we love and love what we do!
Murj was founded to solve a problem witnessed first-hand. Our founder and CEO, Todd, worked with cardiology practices as an implantable cardiac device sales representative. He watched clinicians struggle to manage these sophisticated devices using outdated and inadequate tools. Having previously worked in product management at Apple, Todd knew that brilliant design can profoundly impact the user experience -- so why not design a better way to care for patients with implantable devices?
In Murj, Todd created the opportunity to reimagine and transform the clinic user experience through thoughtful design of a cloud-based device management application. Today, we are unified by a passion for intuitive, elegant, and imaginative technology and a desire to enhance the lives of cardiac care professionals and their patients.
Murj is for people seeking a fast-paced, ever changing environment surrounded by a supportive team that works hard and strives for innovation and professionalism, with a steady diet of humility and camaraderie.
What Murj offers.
We believe in treating every employee like family, with love, respect, and responsibility. The individual and collective success of every employee is at the forefront of what we do and believe.
And in joining Murj, you are joining a community that believes in evolution and promotion from within; there is a high-degree of opportunity for progression, creativity, and ownership.
From your first day at Murj, you are eligible for full medical, dental, and vision insurance along with a generous open vacation policy, over 12 paid company holidays each year, a competitive salary, and equity participation and 401(k) after 3 months of service.
Let us leave you with this.
If this role sounds intriguing - we encourage you to apply. And we encourage applicants to embrace new challenges, as the right fit at Murj is often more about the person and the challenges they seek, not what they’ve had an opportunity to achieve in the past.
Murj is a rapidly growing, nationally distributed, software-as-a-service company serving the healthcare industry. We are always on the lookout for new talent who can hit the ground running. This is designed as, but not restricted to, a two year position prior to pursuing a law or other master’s degree.
In this crucial role, you will participate in all legal matters at Murj. You will help take our Legal Matter Management electronic system into the 21st century and oversee the continuous improvement and modernization of all aspects of our contracting process. You will have the opportunity to participate in contract drafting and negotiation. Further, you will provide legal staff with ad hoc general operational support on special projects as they arise.
This role will actively build out new tools while supporting current legal team obligations. The role allows the individual to interact with various departments across Murj and tackle cross-departmental business opportunities. To accomplish these objectives, this position works closely with the Finance and Sales Teams. Local to the Bay Area preferred, but not required.
Daily Activities May Include:
- Review contracts for key terms, structure, accuracy, format, and grammar
- Conduct legal research related to company operations
- Assist with contract redline review and negotiations
- Manage key contractual data point integration to sales automation systems
- Assist with contract renewals
- Case management and maintaining legal calendar
The Right Fit:
- 0-3 years of relevant legal experience, preferable in contract review.
- Word processing and editing experience a major advantage
- Pre-law undergraduate would be an ideal candidate, but not required
- A desire to pursue and or learn about a corporate law career
- Willingness and ability to operate in a dynamic environment
- Analytic skills and attention to detail are crucial
- Capacity to work under general supervision as well as collaboratively within a team
- A self-starter that's highly accountable
- Someone who take ownership of delivering a high quality work product