Veterinary Assistant - Berkeley
Our mission is to better the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them. We care deeply about the profession, and we are adding skilled Veterinary Assistants to work hand-in-hand with our Veterinarians and Veterinary Nurses to deliver phenomenal care to our patients.
What you’ll be working on:
- Utilizing your skillset to the highest level
- Handling and restraining pets for exams
- Recording accurate medical records utilizing appropriate veterinary terminology
- Assisting medical team members with appointments, x-rays, lab work and other procedures
- Completing lab work as needed
- Performing radiology with an understanding of appropriate fields
- Completing medical calculations as needed
- Understanding of commonly used veterinary medications
- Cleaning and upkeep as needed
- Collaborating closely with DVMs and coworkers
- Communicating discharge instructions with owners
- Acting as a Modern Animal brand ambassador, including implementing local marketing efforts to grow your clinic membership base as needed.
- Performing other duties as assigned by your team leader
- Growing and thriving in an environment of continuous learning, improvement and excellence
- Living and modeling the Modern Animal cultural vision by encouraging work/life balance, self-compassion, and a blame- and judgement-free work environment
Why you'd be a great fit:
- 2+ years of experience working as a Veterinary Assistant
- Strong work ethic
- Forward thinker who enjoys living curiously
- Team player, ability to collaborate
- Excellent client communication
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, and dental coverage (with various options to choose from)
- 401k savings plan
- Generous paid time off
- Paid parental leave
- Free membership and discounts on services for your furry family members
- Continuing Education allowance
- Uniform allowance
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
The pay range for this position is $23.10 - $27.30 per hour; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!