Regional Human Resources Business Partner
Modern Animal is on a mission to better the lives of animals by building a place that’s better for all of us who love them - within our company and for the industry at large - and we’re looking for a Regional Human Resources Business Partner to support our incremental growth into new geographies and scale our existing clinic staff!
This role will partner with clinic leadership to develop and implement talent management, career advancement, performance and employee engagement strategies. Some key success measures of the role are to deliver meaningful and measurable culture outcomes and sustain an inclusive engaged culture across all of Modern Animal.
Most importantly, the Regional HRBP works closely and consultatively with Clinic Operations, Area Managers and Regional Directors on ensuring that they are well-supported for their HR-related needs, employee relations, policy compliance and change communications.
The ideal candidate for this role is based in San Francisco, and will have the ability to travel to Texas and future growth locations. This role will have between 50% to 70% travel.
What you’ll be working on:
- Establish genuine, collaborative business partnerships with area and regional managers while serving as the HR expert for a multi-state area.
- Ensure HR policies and required processes are aligned and in compliance with state-specific and federal employment laws.
- Support and contribute to regional and company-wide care team engagement and culture initiatives that grow eNPS year over year.
- Facilitate management training and development driven content as needed to grow management capacity within designated regions and eNPS at clinic and regional levels.
- Utilize the clinic health dashboard and people planning tool to highlight gaps & opportunities in regards to
- Recommend new approaches, to affect continual improvements in the efficiency of the HR function.
- Facilitate and support the bi-annual performance review processes in partnership with our Talent and People Operations team and Clinic Operations team.
- Work with Modern Animal leaders to identify high performers and build a strong bench of talent, including facilitating succession planning and talent management processes.
- Serve as the primary point of contact for area and clinic leaders for care team related matters.
- Conduct investigations of Employee Relations issues in a timely manner and provide strategic direction to mitigate risk in partnership with the Legal counsel team as necessary.
Why you’d be a great fit:
- Bachelor’s degree required
- Minimum of 3+ years of experience in Human Resources and HR compliance
- Advanced knowledge of HR best practices, policies and procedures
- Preferred experience in healthcare or veterinary care
- PHR certification or SHRM preferred
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects across multiple stakeholders / locations
- Experience working within a multi-unit structure supporting both corporate and field based employees
- Operate with high emotional intelligence and exceptional listening / communication skills
- Enthusiasm for solution-oriented thinking
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to handle sensitive and confidential information with discretion
- Proficiency in HRIS software and Google Suite is a plus
- Passion for animal welfare and the veterinary industry
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
The pay range for this position is $119,000 - $147,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!