Prefer to watch instead of read? Check out “Inside Modern Animal” for a glimpse into who we are and what makes us different.
Modern Animal is building a warmer, smarter, happier veterinary company. With a technology-forward approach and a deep commitment to our people, Modern Animal is building the next generation of general practice veterinary care—one that balances the needs of practitioners just as much as pet owners and their animals. Our veterinarians are equipped with the tools, structure, and support they need to practice the highest quality of medicine, without compromising on the boundaries between work and life. We provide care through our small animal general practice clinics in California, Texas, and virtually through the Modern Animal app.
We are looking for a Campus Ambassador.
Campus Ambassadors are highly motivated students who believe in our mission and represent Modern Animal at their Universities. You will serve as our liaison to students and faculty, and help plan educational and social events while building brand awareness.
What you’ll be working on:
- Plan and host social and educational events virtually and on campus
- Attend and promote conferences and career fairs
- Grow your networking and leadership skills
- Strategize with multi-functional teams including Talent Acquisition and Marketing by evaluating student trends and tailoring initiatives to campus-specific opportunities
Why you’d be a good fit:
- You are passionate about representing Modern Animal and our mission to create better, more sustainable veterinary practices
- You possess exceptional communication, organization, planning, and implementation skills
- You are well-connected on campus with the ability to grow engagement through your campus community, clubs, and social media
- Ability to adapt and think creatively
What you can expect from us:
- Expensed visit and introduction to Modern Animal
- Unique networking, mentorship, and leadership opportunities
- Annual stipend of $2000, apparel, and promotional items
- Externship opportunity and early access to employment opportunities upon graduation
To apply, you must:
- Be a 1st or 2nd-year student at an AVMA-accredited veterinary school
- Have availability for through 1-2 academic years
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!