Sourcing and Procurement Manager
Modern Animal is looking for a Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager to join our growing team.
Our ideal candidate will have exceptional organizational skills, strong attention to detail, and will be ready to hit the ground running in a fast-paced & fun environment. The candidate will have experience working on construction procurement, or a procurement role with a retail or medical focused business.
The Strategic Sourcing and Procurement Manager is responsible for procurement of construction items, medical equipment, medication, consumables, and FF&E for all new Modern Animal clinics. This role is also responsible for managing our third party logistics centers, maintaining and building relationships with vendors, and managing all inventory related spend.
This role can be based in Los Angeles, California or Austin, Texas and will require up to 50% travel both in state and out of state. This role will be expected to spend regular time in our clinics, especially prior to opening. This role is also expected to spend time at our warehouses in order to streamline our inventory management processes.
What you’ll be working on:
- Procurement of construction related equipment including appliances, surgical lights, cages, fixtures
- Procurement of all veterinary medical equipment, medications, and supplies
- Procurement of furniture, clinic decor, and IT equipment
- Audit and ongoing management of third party logistics centers, measuring accuracy of off-site inventory and 3PL costs
- Supplier management and RFP process management
- Manage lead times and balance storage costs of long lead time equipment
- Logistics coordination for all clinic inventory, ensuring all items are onsite on time
- Define and measure KPIs for vendors and 3PL, measuring performance and quality
- Forecast inventory consumption to inform purchasing behavior
- Cost tracking and managing an inventory budget for each new clinic opening
- Drive cost saving initiatives across construction equipment, medical equipment, and large consumables order
- Create a robust list of alternatives for standard inventory items
- Create ordering accounts for new clinics
- Investigate and implement replacement or additional vendors as needed.
- Explore new materials, manufacturing, and deployment methods to maximize value and reliability.
Why you’d be a great fit (i.e. skills and qualifications):
- Bachelor's degree with a background in Business, Procurement, Supply Chain, or Operations Management
- A minimum of 4 years of experience in Procurement and/or Supply Chain Management
- Experience working with a broad array of vendors and distributors in the healthcare or veterinary industry is preferred
- Experience managing a 3PL
- Has managed a large inventory budget
- Proven ability to drive cost improvement initiatives
- Demonstrated ability to drive continuous improvement
- A collaborative go-getter, willing to roll up their sleeves
- Demonstrated success using data to drive decisions
- Highly skilled Excel user that can organize and optimize large data sets
- SQL proficiency is a plus
- Construction procurement experience is a plus
What you can expect from us:
- Excellent medical, vision, & dental coverage with various options to choose from
- 401k savings plan with a company match
- Flexible time off & paid parental leave
- Free membership to Modern Animal for your pets and discounts on extra services
- Free membership to One Medical for primary care
- Access to behavioral and mental health services through Ginger
- WFH stipends to help you set up your home office while we build out an office
- A collaborative team who has your back and will welcome you as part of our pack
The pay range for this position is $102,000 - $124,000 per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and equity grant units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the California Pay Transparency Act. Base pay information is based on geographic location.
We believe an equitable and inclusive work environment and a diverse, empowered team are key to achieving our mission. We’re not looking for candidates who are “culture fits.” We’re looking for candidates who can expand our culture and challenge business as usual. We strive to foster an environment where all staff can bring their whole selves to work, by their own definition, and we strive to provide all candidates with an equitable and accessible recruitment process.
We provide equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status, or genetics.
In addition to federal law requirements, we comply with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
If we can offer accommodations for you in the recruitment process, or if you have feedback on how to make our recruiting more equitable or accessible, please let us know!