Staff Accountant (India)
Location: Strong preference for Bangalore. Mode is a remote-first company with cross-functional teams based throughout the US and India.
Data-driven companies win. We've built Mode from the ground up to be the best analytics platform for Analysts and Data Scientists. As we've grown, an increasingly broad audience—people on teams from Finance to Operations, Marketing to Engineering, and everything in between—has begun to use Mode to collaborate with analysts and use data in everyday decisions. For our 500+ customers, Mode is the central place where data experts and domain experts can come together to make sense of data at the rapid pace of business today.
As one of Mode’s early accounting hires on a growing team, you will make an immediate impact on Mode’s rapid growth as you build best practices into our accounting function. You’ll have the support of the entire Accounting and Finance team as you grow and develop within the role.
The Accounting and Finance team combines analytical and strategic thinking to help everyone at Mode make better, data-driven decisions and ensure a sound financial future. We complement and support all departments at Mode across several critical areas, including finance, accounting, and sales operations.
What you'll do
- Assist in preparing financial statements following regulatory requirements to ensure an accurate and timely month-end close, and offer actionable insights to our business leaders
- AR (Accounts Receivables) - Partner with Sales, Support, and Revenue operations to ensure accurate invoicing, collections, contracts review
- AP (Accounts Payables) - Partner with all teams to ensure third-party vendors are approved, payments are remitted, and budgets are not exceeded
- Assist with developing and implementing company-wide policies following compliance and tax rules and regulations
- Partner with the Finance team regarding budget variances, planning, and forecasting
- Assist with various compliance tasks, including but not limited to: annual Financial audit; Tax returns (Federal, State, sales tax); etc.
What we look for
- Demonstrated working knowledge of standard accounting practices - you know your debits and credits and beyond
- Proficiency with Excel and G-Suite - you are comfortable analyzing large spreadsheets without getting lost
- Organizational skills and great attention to detail - you will chase down numbers to the second decimal place.
- Partnership mentality - you’re excited to work cross-functionally and learn how to best support different departments
- Self-starter - you are comfortable identifying and executing the highest priority projects but know when to escalate or ask for help
- High adaptivity to ever-changing duties and tasks - you will be able to prioritize and reprioritize when needed
- Excellent communication skills - you present clear and well-documented work that a third party can easily follow
- Bonus: Experience working in finance or operations at a SaaS company
- Bonus: Experience in the data analytics space, knowledge of SQL, R, and/or Python
- Bonus: Experience with industry-standard accounting software (i.e. Xero, Bill.com)
Mode is a collaborative analytics platform that brings teams together around data to make game-changing decisions.
In everything we do, we strive to put the people we do it for first. This starts internally: together we're building a culture that embraces diversity and learning, humility and gratitude. At the same time, we try not to take ourselves too seriously and strive for a healthy balance between work and personal pursuits.
Benefits you can expect as a Mode employee:
- Generous, flexible PTO and family leave
- Flexible work schedules—we trust you to know what will make yourself most productive
- Excellent health coverage for team members and their families (Mode pays the 100% of the premiums)
- Supportive work environment and a manager who is focused on your professional growth
- Company events that highlight our team's passions and hobbies
Mode is committed to building an inclusive and diverse workforce. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and welcome people from all backgrounds, experiences, abilities and perspectives.
Something looks off?