Medical Science Liaison - Northeast
Philadelphia, NY, USA
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
About Lykos Therapeutics
At Lykos Therapeutics, we are committed to making an impact on people’s lives. We envision a world where there are more tools available for the treatment of mental health and where conversations about mental health are destigmatized. We aspire to challenge the status quo through the development of novel therapies and therapeutic approaches to treat mental health conditions. Our initial focus is developing investigational MDMA-assisted therapy for adults living with PTSD. If approved by the FDA, MDMA-assisted therapy could be a potential new approach to treating PTSD, a condition that hasn’t had a new treatment option in decades.
MDMA-assisted therapy has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials were published in Nature Medicine. MDMA-assisted therapy has not been approved by any regulatory agency. The safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted therapy have not been established for the treatment of PTSD.
Lykos is a public benefit corporation (PBC), with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. As a PBC, we consider the impact of our decisions on society just as we think about financial implications. We balance the interests of our many stakeholders including our employees, healthcare providers, therapists, investors and others. This means that we look through a public benefit lens with all that we do.
Why work for Lykos Therapeutics?
With 30+ years of experience researching psychedelic-assisted therapies, we remain committed to the rigorous pursuit of evidence-based development of novel approaches. We value impact, integrity, care, and openness and hold public benefit at the center of everything we do. We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives and are committed to building a supportive, equitable, and accessible workplace.
Lykos has a distributed workforce that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who believe in our mission, are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration, and ready to step into a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Medical Science Liaison/Senior Medical Science Liaison Executive Summary
The Medical Science Liaison (MSL) is a field-based Medical Affairs professional who serves as the scientific face between MAPS Public Benefit Corporation (MAPS PBC) and external Healthcare Professionals (HCPs). The MSL plays an important role in establishing, cultivating, and maintaining relationships with Key Opinion Leaders (KOLs) in the Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (PTSD) and behavioral health space. The MSL is responsible for leveraging their scientific and/or therapeutic background, industry knowledge, and business acumen to conduct scientific exchange with KOLs regarding research activities, publications, education, consulting, and other Medical Affairs initiatives. Further, the MSL will provide product and pipeline therapeutic area expertise to address KOL and HCP inquiries and serve as a scientific expert to internal MAPS PBC stakeholders.
This MSL opportunity is for our Northeast region: New York & Philadelphia.
- KOL Engagement: The MSL will establish and maintain scientific relationships with KOLs and conduct appropriate scientific exchange with KOLs on medical, clinical, therapeutic, epidemiologic, and scientific topics to advance joint understanding of the therapeutic area and disease state(s). They will act as a scientific resource to KOLs and HCPs and reactively respond to inquiries on therapeutic area and disease state topics as well as MAPS PBC product(s). They will respond to unsolicited requests regarding interest in Investigator-Initiated Trials (IITs), support IIT submissions through appropriate internal processes, and interact with current IIT investigators to maintain site engagement and address any unsolicited trial-related questions. They will represent MAPS PBC at continuing medical education events, programs, medical congresses, conferences, and roundtable discussions.
- Strategic Vision: The MSL will utilize strategic analysis, planning, and prioritization to maximize efficiency within their territory. They will develop and execute a KOL engagement strategy and take personal accountability for results in their territory. They will maintain an up-to-date knowledge of Independent Delivery Networks (IDNs) and Veterans Affairs (VA) systems, academic research centers, clinical, and therapy practices related to patient care, disease management, and research focus within their territory, and serve as a scientific resource to payor accounts and IDNs as requested. They will identify and communicate medical/scientific insights and trends that are relevant to MAPS PBC regarding the treatment landscape, unmet needs of physicians and therapists, investigators, and researchers.
- Continual Professional Development: The MSL maintains up-to-date knowledge on therapeutic area advancement and new research. They will lead or contribute to special project teams as necessary and work cross-functionally with internal teams and departments to provide scientific support as needed.
- Advanced graduate (PharmD, MD, DO, DNP, or PhD) or licensed mental health degree from an accredited institution.
- 3+ years as an MSL or 3+ years of post-professional degree practice with relevant transferable experience, e.g., licensed mental health professional, academic research, etc.
- Demonstrated understanding of clinical research trial design.
- Thorough knowledge of FDA guidance on advertising and promotion of prescription drugs and medical devices, scientific exchange, and PhRMA code.
- Ability to travel up to 75%.
- Experience in CNS, psychiatry, or psychology, preferred.
- Experience working in or with VA facilities, preferred.
- Located in the US - Northeast: New York & Philadelphia.
Competitive benefit package includes:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
Employer funded mental health HRA
Home Office Stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.