Head of Market Access
Posted on Wednesday, January 31, 2024
About Lykos Therapeutics
At Lykos Therapeutics, we are committed to making an impact on people’s lives. We envision a world where there are more tools available for the treatment of mental health and where conversations about mental health are destigmatized. We aspire to challenge the status quo through the development of novel therapies and therapeutic approaches to treat mental health conditions. Our initial focus is developing investigational MDMA-assisted therapy for adults living with PTSD. If approved by the FDA, MDMA-assisted therapy could be a potential new approach to treating PTSD, a condition that hasn’t had a new treatment option in decades.
MDMA-assisted therapy has been designated a Breakthrough Therapy by the FDA and the results of our two pivotal Phase 3 clinical trials were published in Nature Medicine. MDMA-assisted therapy has not been approved by any regulatory agency. The safety and efficacy of MDMA-assisted therapy have not been established for the treatment of PTSD.
Lykos is a public benefit corporation (PBC), with a dual mandate to generate shareholder value and public benefit. As a PBC, we consider the impact of our decisions on society just as we think about financial implications. We balance the interests of our many stakeholders including our employees, healthcare providers, therapists, investors and others. This means that we look through a public benefit lens with all that we do.
Why work for Lykos Therapeutics?
With 30+ years of experience researching psychedelic-assisted therapies, we remain committed to the rigorous pursuit of evidence-based development of novel approaches. We value impact, integrity, care, and openness and hold public benefit at the center of everything we do. We believe in diversity and inclusion of people of all backgrounds, genders, races, ethnicities, sexual orientations, educational backgrounds, arrest or conviction record, military and veteran status, religions, abilities, and perspectives and are committed to building a supportive, equitable, and accessible workplace.
Lykos has a distributed workforce that uses technology and periodic in-person gatherings to stay connected. We look for people who believe in our mission, are comfortable with and skilled at remote work and collaboration, and ready to step into a dynamic and fast-paced work environment.
Head of Market Access Executive Summary
The Head of Market Access is responsible to maximize access to MDMA-AT by securing optimal coverage, provider reimbursement, and distribution at launch and through all stages of the product lifecycle. MDMA-AT is widely expected to be the first psychedelic treatment approved for medical use. This individual will help bring this first-in-class product into the US healthcare system and collaborate with Marketing, Sales, Medical Affairs, Finance, and Clinical Development to build and execute an ambitious market access strategy.
This role is a distinctive opportunity for an experienced market access professional seeking to leverage his/her expertise to help build a new kind of biopharma company:
· Impact: We are ambitious in our goals and bold in our actions as we pave the way for the burgeoning psychedelic medicine industry. Our work is at the cutting edge of psychiatry, mental health, and CNS drug development.
· Integrity: We innovate with integrity, and we are accountable for our actions as stewards of MDMA-assisted therapy. We are building the playbook for how to commercialize a psychedelic medicine for the first time in history. We are committed to earning trust through transparency, honesty and upholding our commitments to all.
· Care: We act with compassion and embody conscious connection with ourselves, our peers, and our customers. In difficult situations, we choose to lean in with open heartedness to allow authenticity and truth to be explored with dignity and respect. We see the significance in our work and the importance of doing things right.
· Openness: We are inclusive, curious, and welcoming of new perspectives. We listen to learn, and we do so with open minds. We welcome and uplift underrepresented voices and we deeply believe in the power of a diverse workforce.
This position will report to the Chief Commercial Officer, and it will be directly managing Accounts, Trade, and Contract Analytics.
- Market Access Strategy and Marketing: Maintain deep understanding of payer policies and trends around PTSD care and behavioral health. Build payer value story and content, tools, and resources to support payer engagement. Develop and execute pricing, contracting, and coding strategies for both the drug and integrated therapy. Monitor trends and developments in order to proactively identify needs and actions to support the value proposition of our portfolio across a multitude of payer and behavioral health environments including Commercial, Medicare and Medicaid
- Value and Evidence Strategy: Identify evidence (e.g., HEOR, RWE) needed to support market access strategies throughout the product lifecycle, and collaborate with clinical, scientific, and regulatory teams to generate.
- Payer Engagement and Contract Operations: Ensure best practices are implemented across pricing, contracting, and reporting in close collaboration with finance and compliance.
- Patient Assistance and Services: Stand up a patient assistance program that maximizes equitable access, including commercial copay assistance and support for uninsured patients. Establish and oversee hub services with 3rd party vendor.
- Trade and Distribution: Define distribution strategy that supports launch and brand objectives. Develop and manage network of trade partners including 3PL, specialty distributors, and specialty pharmacies.
- 10-15 years of experience in a pharmaceutical commercial role, including:
- 5+ years of U.S. market access experience
- Experience with CNS, psychiatric, and/or behavioral health treatments preferred.
- Experience with product launches required.
- Experience with REMS, Patient Support programs, and Patient Hubs preferred.
- Experience with specialty pharmacy distribution required.
- Deep knowledge of the economic models and decision drivers of commercial and government payers, PBMs, and trade partners (including specialty distribution/pharmacy)
- Experience with VA and with behavioral health managed care carve-outs preferred.
- Demonstrated top-tier business acumen, problem solving capabilities, and ability to drive sound decisions and action.
- Experience and proven ability to communicate with and influence across an organization.
- Experience hiring, managing, and developing talent at the individual and team levels.
- Experience in both large/mature and earlier stage companies preferred.
- An advanced degree in business or related discipline, or equivalent high-quality professional experience.
Competitive benefit package includes:
Paid Time Off (PTO)
Medical, dental, vision, and life insurance
Employer funded mental health HRA
Home Office Stipend
We are an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.