Senior Analyst, Secondary Markets
You are an experienced individual in secondary mortgage trading, hedging and execution. You work well in a fast-paced environment while being detail-oriented, a team player, and a strong communicator.
LoanSnap is a FinTech company transforming the multi-trillion loan industry using artificial intelligence, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. We are a small, smart, and fun team backed by top VC firms. Our two founders, Karl Jacob and Allan Carroll, are serial entrepreneurs whose companies have helped millions of consumers from protecting them from spam to communicating with family members. Karl has raised 23 rounds of financing, created 6 companies from scratch and built products and companies that impact 10s of millions of people. Now we are helping consumers with the largest financial transaction of their lives, buying or refinancing a house using our tech to deliver smart loans that help customers get the right loan for their situation.
The Senior Analyst, Secondary Markets manages all aspects of LoanSnap’s secondary market mortgage loan activities and is responsible for overseeing and facilitating activities related to Mortgage Pipeline Hedging, Pricing and Rates, Margin Management and Loan Sale Execution. This includes monitoring mortgage secondary markets, establishing daily mortgage prices/rates, hedging interest-rate risk on secondary market loans, managing daily risk positions, best execution of loan deliveries into the secondary market, and serving as a primary contact with investors.
- Responsible for managing the secondary market execution and related hedging strategy.
- Define and carry out pricing and delivery strategy to achieve stable, targeted gain-on-sale revenue
- Maintain updated investor guidelines, requirements, and other market changes
- Analyze the economics of execution with market movements
- Monitor capital markets/mortgage activity and general market trends that will impact sale execution
- Maximize profitability within established guidelines through best execution analysis and delivery methods
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge, and train others on products, services, departmental systems, and related technology, policies and procedures
- Follow all company policies and procedures to ensure compliance with all laws and regulations
- Understand and adhere to the company policies and procedures
- Maintain pipelines and pricing engine, and assist with updates and inquiries
- Maintain and work with post-closing team on documentation/custodial issues
- Performs responsibilities with a high level of accuracy and in compliance with federal and state laws and regulations
- Advanced knowledge of mortgage lending practices, processes and regulations.
- Ability to anticipate needs and prioritize projects in a fast-paced environment with tight deadlines and high-volume peaks while producing high-quality work
- Strong business communication skills; able to articulate professionally for a variety of audiences
- Ability to foster strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders
- Advanced research, analytical and problem-solving skills with excellent attention to detail
- Demonstrated effective time management skills and the ability to work independently or in a collaborative team environment
- Minimum 5-7 years' experience in mortgage secondary market is preferred
- Bachelor’s degree (MBA preferred)
- Experience with pricing engines like OptimalBlue and hedging platforms like MCT required.
- Bonus credit: NMLS
- Supportive management and co-workers
- Flexible benefits package with your own budget and time off
- Company-paid licensing, continuing education, and employee development programs.
- Great environment- Covered parking with car detailing service, gourmet coffee bar, music, laughter and good energy
What Sets Us Apart:
LoanSnap, Inc. is backed by Richard Branson, Joe Montana and True Ventures who were behind Peloton and Blue Bottle. We are focused on improving every American’s money situation. LoanSnap invented the world’s first smart loan technology that uses artificial intelligence to analyze a person’s entire financial picture and shows simple ways to benefit from a smarter loan now and into the future. Our clients working with LoanSnap, can save money, time and feel confident that their home loan will safeguard their financial needs.
Every position is designed with growth and career development in mind, there are no dead-end jobs here. Our employees enjoy being part of a community of aspiring individuals who thrive in an environment that promotes high performers, innovation, high standards, and teamwork. We actively mentor and grow our employees as demonstrated by the numerous people who have started in this industry straight out of college and gone on to further either their sales or have ventured into numerous other roles within the company. We are able to do this because our technology automates a large part of the process leaving our employees to focus on helping our customers.
LoanSnap, Inc. and LoanSnap Holdings is an affirmative action employer that provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, LoanSnap, Inc. and LoanSnap Holdings complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The company is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices providing equal opportunities for growth and development within the organization.
Apply for the position here