Senior Backend Engineer
Performance and scalability are your game. You write reliable code and tests to prove it. Your code is understandable for the next dev and you document the key points. You understand the benefits and tradeoffs of architectural decisions and apply them wisely.
We are a small, smart, and fun team backed by top VC firms. Our two founders, Karl Jacob and Allan Carroll, are serial entrepreneurs whose companies have helped millions of consumers from protecting them from spam to communicating with family members. Karl has raised 23 rounds of financing, created 6 companies from scratch and built products and companies that impact 10s of millions of people. Now we are helping consumers with the largest financial transaction of their lives, buying or refinancing a house and making the process fast, easy and fair.
Your job will be to work with our product and engineering team to create lightning-fast, usable, and delightful products for our customers and employees. Success will be measured by how efficiently you can engineer reliable, performant, and maintainable systems that can grow with our company.
You will help architect and build our core services which could include:
- Pricing engine for mortgage loans optimizing across multiple variables
- 1k+ nodes DAG containing the brain of the organization and running in milliseconds
- 30+ external data integrations and how they interact with our human processes
You're good at:
- Architecting complex web backend systems
- Managing complicated database schemas and business logic
- Writing robust code
- Creating tools that make your whole team more efficient
- Learning new ideas and systems quickly and teaching your peers
- You have built products used by hundreds of thousands of customers
- You have a passion for something outside the office
- You have consistently contributed to open source projects
- Python / Django
- Docker / Kubernetes / Google Cloud + AWS
- React / Redux / CSS-in-JS
- React Native
Something looks off?