Director of Accounting & Finance
You have a proven track record of success with data analysis, budget forecasting, overseeing accounts and budgets, firm understanding of GAAP, and making strategic financial decisions that will promote long-term financial gain. You have a strong financial vision and insight to match and help grow a strong organization and add direction to the accounting team.
LoanSnap Holdings, Inc. is a FinTech company transforming the multi-trillion dollar loan industry using artificial intelligence, cryptocurrency, and blockchain technology. We are a small, smart, and fun team backed by top VC firms. Our two founders, Karl Jacob and Allan Carroll, are serial entrepreneurs whose companies have helped millions of consumers from protecting them from spam to communicating with family members. Karl has raised 23 rounds of financing, created 6 companies from scratch, and built products and companies that impact 10s of millions of people. Now we are helping consumers with the largest financial transaction of their lives, buying or refinancing a house using our tech to deliver smart loans that help customers get the right loan for their situation.
As the Director of Accounting & Finance, you will oversee the accounting, finance, and human resource functions of LoanSnap Holdings, Inc. and all subsidiaries including our mortgage banking company. Help create and sustain a great workplace within all departments for competence purposes, and ensure that the organization has the policies, procedures, internal controls, specifications of duties, and systems in place to support effective program implementation and to ensure flawless audits. The Director of Accounting and Finance will also lead, manage, coach, and mentor a team of staff members with the ability to communicate effectively across a broad audience.
- Manage, direct, and train the team of accounting, finance, and human resource professionals
- Develop and manage annual and multi-year budgets that are adequate for the organization’s needs including preparation of periodic budget forecasts
- Prepare and maintain cash flow analyses as needed
- Analyze monthly financial statements (balance sheet, income statement, and statement of cash flows) and effectively convey analysis to staff as requested
- Work with senior management to analyze financial variances and provide insights into causes and improvements
- Prepare month-end, year-end financial statement for reporting and audit
- Ensure operational compliance with policies, procedures, and regulations for any necessary entities
- Oversee and participate in the general ledger monthly close including the reconciliation of all balance sheet accounts
- Oversee and participate in human resource functions including payroll processing, recruiting, benefits, etc.
- Respond to inquiries from staff regarding budgets, deposits, disbursement, and grant reporting request
- Oversee the process of payroll and report payroll taxes for the organization
- Perform basic office management duties as requested
- Other duties as requested or assigned
- Minimum of 7 years of experience as a controller or accounting and/ or finance director working with multiple entities and/or locations in the mortgage industry
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting, finance or business administration
- Proficient in Microsoft Word and Excel
- Experience managing a team of 5 or more
- Ability to translate financial concepts to – and to effectively collaborate with -- programmatic and fundraising colleagues who do not necessarily have finance backgrounds
- Technology savvy with experience selecting and overseeing software installations and knowledge of accounting and reporting software
- Annual monthly audit track record of success
- CPA (Certified Public Accountant)
- Experience managing the human resources function including payroll preparation, benefits management and recruiting.
- Proven expertise with general ledger systems
What Sets Us Apart:
LoanSnap is backed by Richard Branson, Joe Montana and True Ventures who were behind Peloton and Blue Bottle. We are focused on improving every American’s money situation. LoanSnap invented the world’s first smart loan technology that uses artificial intelligence to analyze a person’s entire financial picture and shows simple ways to benefit from a smarter loan now and into the future. Our clients working with LoanSnap, can save money, time and feel confident that their home loan will safeguard their financial needs.
Every position is designed with growth and career development in mind, there are no dead-end jobs here. Our employees enjoy being part of a community of aspiring individuals who thrive in an environment that promotes high performers, innovation, high standards, and teamwork. We actively mentor and grow our employees as demonstrated by the numerous people who have started in this industry straight out of college and gone on to further either their sales or have ventured into numerous other roles within the company. We are able to do this because our technology automates a large part of the process leaving our employees to focus on helping our customers.
LoanSnap, Inc. and LoanSnap Holdings is an affirmative action employer that provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, genetics, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, LoanSnap Inc. and Loan Snap Holdings complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training. The company is committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion practices providing equal opportunities for growth and development within the organization.
Apply for this position here.
Something looks off?