Field and Event Marketing Manager
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
The Field and Event Marketing Manager on Handshake’s Employer Marketing team will help establish a world-class field marketing and events program, defining and executing high-quality digital and in-person event campaigns to build the Handshake brand, bring in new opportunities, delight and retain current customers, and influence deal cycles for our fast-growing go-to-market team. We work with the world’s leading employers and top executives; to be successful you’ll create engaging experiences that are both creative and polished.
You will report directly to the Senior Manager, Field and Event Marketing and play an active role as we continue to reimagine our events strategy. This is a highly visible role where you will drive field and event marketing plans, logistics, project deliverables, activities, and marketing communications for a diverse series of events.
In this role you will be part of a close-knit, high-impact, cross-functional team including demand generation, content marketing, product marketing, and marketing operations - together building a truly world-class SaaS platform to democratize access to careers for students.
You’re an event expert, constantly thinking about creative ways to engage customers and prospects. You’re a storyteller at heart who is able to effectively engage with different personas through webinars, field events, and more. And, most importantly you are someone who is hands-on and an expert project manager, loves to test, makes cautious mistakes and optimizes, crunches numbers, listens to sales Gong calls, craves collaboration, asks questions, thinks outside the box and pushes boundaries.
- Lead and deliver end-to-end field and event campaigns that align with sales and retention objectives and overall company revenue targets
- Partner closely with key go-to-market leaders as well as individual reps to strategize and execute against programs that impact pipeline and increase engagement, effectively communicate upcoming plans, and get feedback
- Research and contribute to maintaining an ongoing calendar of 3rd party industry events to determine the best fit for Handshake
- Manage event deliverables & logistics including online tech (Zoom, Goldcast, SplashThat etc.) & AV, event calendaring, and swag
- Collaborate closely with Marketing Operations and Design to develop and optimize event assets including landing pages and email templates (we use SplashThat and Knak!)
- Measure, analyze and share ROI for field marketing programs, including attendee feedback, opportunity generation, deal acceleration
- Get creative and innovative with event engagement, positioning and promotion - always be asking “what haven’t we tried or tested?”
- Travel 1x month is required
- 4-5+ years of webinar, events, and conference management experience. B2B SaaS company experience required.
- Experience running hosted and 3rd party virtual events & webinars
- Dependable with strong project management and organization skills with an ability to develop and deliver events and programs within an ever-evolving environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate has great interpersonal skills and finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels of the organization
- Experience with the following technologies:
- Google Suite (Docs, Slides, Sheets)
- SplashThat (or other software) for event registrations and landing pages
- Marketing Automation: Marketo, Eloqua, HubSpot, Pardot (or similar)
- Virtual Event Platforms: Hopin, Goldcast, Zoom Webinar
Bonus areas of expertise
- Experience with ABM, digital marketing, demand gen and high touch/concierge executive programs
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.