Marketing Manager, French Speaking (Hybrid, London)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We are looking for a talented and experienced Marketing Manager to support our marketing efforts in Europe and specifically in the French market. The ideal candidate will be experienced in content marketing and fluent in both French (first language) and English. Work experience in higher education or Edtech is a plus.
- Content Strategy Development: Formulate and execute a robust content marketing strategy that encompasses high-quality, engaging content aligned with our company's objectives.
- Content Creation: Collaborate with product, sales and success teams to create high-quality, engaging content (sales enablement assets, email campaigns, blog posts, white papers, case studies etc) that aligns with the company's goals and resonates with the target audience.
- Content Management: Supervise and manage content across multiple outbound channels, including our website, email, and additional platforms, ensuring consistency and alignment with the brand's voice and message.
- Field Marketing: Plan and execute field marketing initiatives, including events, trade shows, and local partnerships, to drive brand awareness, ensure they effectively promote our products and foster meaningful connections with our target audience.
- Partner Content Marketing: Collaborate with partners to create compelling case studies and testimonials, showcasing successful collaborations and outcomes that resonate with our audience.
- Social Media Management: Develop, schedule, and monitor content across our social media platforms to engage with our audience and drive brand awareness.
- Bachelor's degree (we work with universities, so it’s important that you understand how these work)
- A minimum of 2 years of experience in marketing with a focus on content marketing, with a strong track record of success.
- Language fluency in French (first language) and English (Full Professional Proficiency or above), proficiency in German is a bonus.
- Work experience in the French market, with a deep understanding of the local business landscape and culture.
- Creative thinking and problem-solving skills, with the ability to ideate and bring multiple concurrent creative ideas and campaigns to life.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to collaborate with other teams and internal stakeholders.
- Experience with content management systems (CMS), marketing automation tools, social media management; experience with Marketo, Knak and Salesforce are a plus.
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500/€1,850 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 💰 Financial coaching through Origin to help you through your financial journey.
- Monthly internet stipend and a brand new MacBook to allow you to do your best work.
- 🚃 Monthly commuter stipend for you to expense your travel to the office (for office-based employees).
- 🥗 Free lunch provided twice a week across all offices.
- 🤝 Referral bonus to reward you when you bring great talent to Handshake.
(US-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🍼 Lactation support: Handshake partners with Milk Stork to provide a comprehensive 100% employer-sponsored lactation support to traveling parents and guardians.
(UK-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake UK employees.
(Germany-specific benefits, in addition to the first section)
- 🏝 25 days of annual leave + we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off across the company.
- 🤝 Regular offsites each year to bring the team together + opportunity to travel to our HQ in San Francisco once a year.
- 🧘 Urban sports club membership offering access to a diverse network of fitness and wellness facilities.
- 🛍️ Discounts across various high street retailers, cinemas and other social activities exclusively for Handshake Germany employees.
For roles based in Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.