Customer Success- Digital Engagement Manager
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
We’re looking for a Digital Engagement Manager to join our Employer Customer Experience team in order to expand our reach and impact through Digital Customer Success. You will build proactive digital experiences that scale our ability to drive customer value and adoption through all phases of the customer journey. You’ll develop customer centric communication strategies and have an appetite for experimenting with different tools and approaches.
By driving customer value, your role will improve customer retention, adoption and success. You are an independent contributor that brings strong organization, problem-solving and communication skills along with curiosity and enjoyment of experimentation. The ideal candidate has previous experience building digital/scalable Customer Success programs and automation.
- Develop and implement proactive scaled digital programs and identify innovative solutions that will assist customers in obtaining maximum value from Handshake
- Automate playbooks that are deployed against key triggers for maximizing value across the full customer journey. Leverage Gainsight and other digital tools to ensure a consistent and measurable customer experience from these plays
- Create automated and innovative nurture campaigns that drive the right messages to the right customers at the right time
- Use your deep understanding of the adoption challenges encountered by customers to inform all aspects of the strategy you build
- Actively partner and align cross-functionally to ensure your customer programs are complementary with live interactions by customer-facing teams (Customer Success and Account Management) and digital customer touch-points from other Handshake teams like Education, Product, Growth and Marketing
- Conduct research with customers (internal and external) to inform program development
- Identify cohorts of customers to target with proactive programs and measure results/impact of your initiatives, partner with data analysts as needed
- Inventory and curate the content available for your programs; identify gaps and collaborate with subject matter experts to develop critical content as needed
- Develop and maintain a program measurement framework to ensure ongoing review of effectiveness and optimization
- 2+ years of digital customer success experience
- 5+ years of customer facing experience on a GTM team in B2B Saas
- Experience using Gainsight, Marketo or other tools that manage customer communications at scale
- Demonstrated experience in creating and implementing customer engagement programs and initiatives to drive customer satisfaction and retention
- Data driven approach to problem solving and strong analytical skills
- Ability to prioritize amongst numerous initiatives for maximum impact
- Strong communication skills and the ability to evangelize your programs
- Strong project management skills: ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously, prioritize tasks, meet deadlines
- Curiosity, creativity and the desire to experiment
*San Francisco, CA or New York, NY: San Francisco strongly preferred and must be open to a hybrid work schedule*
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.