Senior Marketing Manager, UK (12 Month Maternity Cover Contract)
Everyone is welcome at Handshake. We know diverse teams build better products and we are committed to creating an inclusive culture built on a foundation of respect for all individuals. We strongly encourage candidates from non-traditional backgrounds, historically marginalized or underrepresented groups to apply.
Handshake UK is hiring a Senior Marketing Manager, Employer GTM (12 month Fixed Term Contract) to ensure our employer customers are supported in meeting their early careers goals with Handshake and prospects view Handshake as a thought leader in the early careers space.
The Senior Marketing Manager will help establish a world-class marketing strategy and plan defining and executing high-quality campaigns and events to build the Handshake brand across the UK, FR and DE, influence deal cycles, usages of our free platform, Core and activities that retain and delight our strategic customers.
We work with the world’s leading employers and top executives; to be successful you’ll create engaging interactions (content and experiences) that are both creative and polished.
You will report to the Regional VP of Employer Partnerships , working closely with customer success, sales and our US marketing counterparts to drive trust and establish Handshake as the credible authority of Early Careers and Graduate Recruitment with Employers.
In this role you will be part of a close-knit, high-impact cross functional team - together building a truly world-class SaaS platform to democratise access to careers for students.
- Drive strategy of all EMEA marketing initiatives to ensure we meet our customer engagement, renewal and new business goals
- Orchestrate and design the customer journey, reaching our segments with an omni-channel strategy - what are the stories we tell in the right place, at the right time, to ultimately convert our audience to happy customers?
- Optimise adoption and use of our free Core platform to drive customer success and loyalty on Handshake. Create and deliver nurture content such as PDF assets, in-app cues and email marketing, and work with team members across Europe to understand the customer needs across UK, FR and DE.
- Support customer success team with retention and renewals through new content and marketing initiatives, including monthly customer digest newsletters and best practice support materials.
- Drive customer and prospect engagement through industry events as well as Handshake-hosted executive roundtables, webinars and other in-person opportunities to engage, taking ownership of logistics, attendance, lead capture and follow up.
- Own and maintain Handshake Europe's Employer messaging across website, customer assets and sales enablement materials such as slide decks, working collaboratively with the wider Employer team.
- Work alongside RVP of Employer Strategic Sales to understand and inform the wider Employer team about new product releases and other sales enablement materials, including localisation of US content.
- Understand our customers, target prospects, competitors and markets through analysis of qualitative and quantitative data.
- Collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams including field marketing, brand and creative, content, product marketing, thought leadership and events across the US, FR and DE
- Partner with Marketing Operations to ensure that engaged leads flow through the journey with a positive experience
- Ensure alignment with our wider Employer team inclusive of sales, account management and customer success across all campaigns and projects
- Monitor and track weekly, monthly and quarterly targets through reporting across multiple platforms
- Optimise the go-to-market strategy based on quantitative and qualitative campaign results
- Bachelor’s degree in marketing, business, or related field
- Proven experience developing marketing plans, events, content and campaigns, ideally at a B2B SaaS company. Experience in HR Tech is a plus.
- Strong project management, multitasking, and decision-making skills
- Metrics-driven marketing mind with eye for creativity
- Experience in managing budgets and have demonstrated fiscal responsibility when executing regional and national campaigns
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, the ideal candidate finds it easy to communicate with team members at all levels of the organisation
- Ability to work independently against tight deadlines in a dynamic, changing environment keeping a sharp eye on detail and accuracy
- Experience with the following technologies
- Google Suite (docs, slides, sheets)
- Splash, Figma, Webflow for event registrations and landing pages
- Marketing Automation: Marketo, HubSpot, or similar)
- Virtual Event Platforms: Zoom Webinar
Bonus Areas of Expertise:
- Experience with ABM, digital marketing, Demand Gen and high touch/executive programs is a plus
For cash compensation, we set standard ranges for all U.S.-based roles based on function, level, and geographic location, benchmarked against similar stage growth companies. In order to be compliant with local legislation, as well as to provide greater transparency to candidates, we share salary ranges on all job postings regardless of desired hiring location. Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including geographic location as well as candidate experience and expertise, and may vary from the amounts listed above.
Handshake is the #1 place to launch a career with no connections, experience, or luck required. The platform connects up-and-coming talent with 750,000+ employers - from Fortune 500 companies like Google, Nike, and Target to thousands of public school districts, healthcare systems, and nonprofits. In 2022 we announced our $200M Series F funding round. This Series F fundraise and valuation of $3.5B will fuel Handshake’s next phase of growth and propel our mission to help more people start, restart, and jumpstart their careers.
When it comes to our workforce strategy, we’ve thought deeply about how work-life should look here at Handshake. With our Hub-Based Remote Working strategy, employees can enjoy the flexibility of remote work, whilst ensuring collaboration and team experiences in a shared space remains possible. Handshake is headquartered in San Francisco with offices in Denver, New York, London, and Berlin and teammates working globally.
Check out our careers site to find a hub near you!
What we offer
Benefits below apply to employees in full-time positions.
At Handshake, we'll give you the tools to feel healthy, happy and secure.
- 💰 Equity and ownership in a fast-growing company.
- 🍼 16 Weeks of paid parental leave for birth giving parents & 10 weeks of paid parental leave for non-birth giving parents.
- 💝 Comprehensive medical, dental, and vision policies including LGTBQ+ Coverage. We also provide resources for Mental Health Assistance, Employee Assistance Programs and counseling support.
- 💻 Handshake offers $500/£360 home office stipend for you to spend during your first 3 months to create a productive and comfortable workspace at home.
- 📚 Generous learning & development opportunities and an annual $2,000/£1,500 stipend for you to grow your skills and career.
- 🏦 401k Match: Handshake offers a dollar-for-dollar match on 1% of deferred salary, up to a maximum of $1,200 per year.
- 🏝 All full-time US-based Handshakers are eligible for our flexible time off policy to get out and see the world. In addition, we offer 8 standardized holidays, and 2 additional days of flexible holiday time off. Lastly, we have a Winter #ShakeBreak, a one-week period of Collective Time Off.
- 🏦 Pension Scheme: Handshake will provide you with a workplace pension, where you will make contributions based on 5% of your salary. Handshake will pay the equivalent of 3% towards your pension plan, subject to qualifying earnings limits.
- 🏝 Up to 25 days of vacation to encourage people to reset, recharge, and refresh, in addition to 8 bank holidays throughout the year.
For roles based in Berlin and Romania: Please ask your recruiter about region specific benefits.
Looking for more? Explore our mission, values and comprehensive US benefits at joinhandshake.com/careers.